Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Last minute decision Primitivo or Norte

ritopaxi

hola a todos :)

i'll be flying to asturias airport on sunday and i need to decide between walking the PRIMITIVO or the NORTE ... it's a hard call :\ both seem amazing !! can anyone comment from personal experience * to see if it gets easier to follow my intuition? thank you !!! gracias !

i did the frances last time, and for this time around i would prefer a quieter route :)

buen camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I believe that the Primitivo gets busy in August (with Spanish pilgrims), while the Norte gets busy in August with non-walking tourists (because it goes from lovely beach town to lovely beach town). But the Primitivo will be "quieter." I think you are likely to find that prices for meals, etc, rise a lot on the Norte with the influx of tourists.

There are a lot of Primitivo fans here on the forum. It goes through beautiful parts of Asturias and Galicia. Lugo is a nice small city, and there are some great albergues. good luck with your decision and let us know how it goes! Buen camino, Laurie

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
when i left the camino 3 years ago i remember feeling i HAD to go back to take el camino norte... but now more and more I feel i have to do the primitivo :) and your posts left me feeling that too :) i think i'll take the primitivo from villaviciosa to melide and on to santiago :)

thank you for the support!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back