• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Last Minute Help Needed

juliecarteraz

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, May 2013
My heart is dancing. . . After a three week delay in my departure, I have just learned that I will be able to commence my Camino next week albeit without my planned partner, Will. I will fly out of Phoenix, Arizona on Sunday morning, May 5th, and hopefully arrive in SJPP the evening of the 6th.

I have found so many answers on this wonderful forum. Thank you for your help over the last 8 months. Hopefully only one final question: Does anyone know an inexpensive way to get from CDG airport to Orly airport. I am trying to make a connection on Air France from Paris to Biarritz. I anticipate arriving at CDG at 7:00 a.m. on Monday, May 6th. Thanks for any ideas you can share. If all else falls, I'm sure there are taxis for a princely sum!

I hope to meet some of you along the Way. I will be traveling solo and am 58 years young. Watch for a woman with short blondish hair looking at everything and smelling every flower! Not to mention walking slowly. :roll: I have lost most of my hearing, so if you see me, waving widely will more likely generate a quicker response than a shout! :D So excited. I hope that I can sleep. Very busy day tomorrow. Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Julie!

Try this one:
http://paris-cdg.worldairportguides.com ... trains.php
look under "Bus and Coach":
Cars Air France line 3 - This connects Paris Orly and CDG and picks up passengers from all terminals except 2G and 3.

Otherwise I think you'll have to take really pricelly taxi or go to the Paris center and then to Orly. But I'm not Parisien neither French so I wouldn't know more.

Hope everything will be OK. Ultreia!

Kinky One: Thanks so much for the quick response and very helpful link! Exactly what I needed.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I took the coach from CDG to Orly airport two years ago. It was 20 Euros, easy to find and, although the traffic through Paris was heavy, took about 45 minutes. It was easy!!

buen camino!

Easy peasy...The metro gets you there. We travelled from both airports into Central Paris last September/October. Luckily you won't have a big suitcase to traverse the different levels - some of the stations are seriously not user friendly for travellers, but the ones you will got thru are fine. I'm trying to recall costs...somewhere between 20 and 30 euro I think. You probably won't have loose change to get the tickets from a machine, but the counter staff are helpful, and speak English if your french isn't very good. http://parisbytrain.com/tag/paris-metro/

No way would you take a taxi, which is sure to take you much longer because of the traffic over that distance and at that time of the day, and would cost a huge amount.

Bonne chance et bon voyage.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Thanks so much, everyone! Heading to the airport at 2:00 a.m. So excited that I am not sure I can sleep!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back