Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Last-minute questions about the Invierno

Luka

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Next: Camino Sanabrés (May 2024)
I am in Carrión de los Condes now and considering my options for my last three weeks of almost three months walking (I wrote another post about that). I am strongly considering traveling to Ponferrada (with a short stay in León) to walk the Invierno in a couple of days.

Apart from the wonderful description Rebekah and Laurie made and the information on this forum, is there anywhere in Ponferrada to get more information? Is it necessary to call ahead because of the limited lodging options? Is there any new information I should know?

I am getting excited now! Yes, it will be lonely, sometimes hard and I might even be a bit scared at times, but I need to be out of my comfort zone again ;-)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Luka, if you read Spanish I have lots of information (list of accommodations plus description of stages). I left the Invierno after two days and am now once again on the Sanabrés but Laurie and now Reb are still there.
The first stage to Las Médulas is amazing!

Wonderful! Yes please!
So why did you leave the Invierno?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Send me your email and I will forward an email that a Spanish friend sent me before we left.

Reason I left: Laurie and I planned to walk the Invierno after we finished the Camí Sant Jaume and the Aragonés. During the last few days of the Aragonés Laurie started to have problems with one knee, she started to walk slower and we had to adjust the stages to shorter ones. We decided that separating would be the best as I need to get to Santiago before her. Rather than continuing alone (I have had enough experience doing this) and paying at times for a singles room in a casa rural or hostal decided to jump over to the Sanabrés at A Gudiña. Here with about 8 others and enjoying myself.

I hope to return one day but not alone. I enjoy having company at night.

I didn't realize that you were walking si long as I haven't read your blog in quite some.

Ik wens je een hele fijne eind van je Camino. Na Santiago ga ik weer naar Finisterre en dan naar Nájara waar ik ga werken als Hospitalera.

@LTfit I did send you a message with my email address, but wonder if you received it.

Another question, does anyone know if there is a map available?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sorry I wasn't paying enough attention to the forum. Luka, IMO this is a camino that really feels like a camino. It's just beautiful. I think there is a map in Ponferrada in the tourist office.

I also have the documents LT mentioned and if you don't get them from her send me a pm with your email. Laurie.

Thanks both, received the information! Will visit the tourist office tomorrow.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks both, received the information! Will visit the tourist office tomorrow.
Hola, Luka!
You don't really need maps but they can be downloaded or printed from Amigos web site. I'm sure Laurie has the address at hand.
Buen Camino Invierno ;)

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back