A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Last Sunday, in Compostela ...

Last sunday, many pilgrims marched from Monte do Gozo to Obradoiro Square to protest the construction of the proposed industrial Complex in O Pino.

Our purpose was achieved, for the time being. All Galician newspapers reported the protest march, as well as many radio newscasts and Galician television. Some reports may be found in:

http://www.elcorreogallego.es/index.php ... cia=193610
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/santiago/2 ... 022344.htm

Neither FADESA (the Polygon building contractor), nor the Xunta thought that we would protest the project as vehemently as we have. But I must thank those of you who have sent messages to info@amigosdelcamino.com joining us.

We will continue to fight and I'll keep you informed of new developments as they become known."

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Keep up the good work Javier and if we can help do not hesitate to ask our support; I will assist as much as required.

Keep us up to date on the situation in O Pino.

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2005), VDLP(2007), Madrid(2009), Ingles(2009), Sur (2011), VDLP(2011)-partial, VDLP(2014)
We saw first-hand in the past few months, and later in newscasts from Spain about the devestation, and also about your and others' demonstrations in protest against this outrage. I, along with others on this site pledge our own efforts to join yours. Just let us know how we can help.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • March

Votes: 17 5.0%
  • April

Votes: 59 17.4%
  • May

Votes: 84 24.8%
  • June