• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Late April to end May, Sleeping bag liner?

nalod

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2011, Finnesterre 2011,Le Puy to SJPDP 2011& 2012,Via de la Plata,Sambrasa 2012, Mozarabe 2013, Portugees 2013.PartNorde 2011, VDPL 2014,St-Guilhem 2014.Espalion-Roncesvalles 2014.Levante2015
Hello, I have walked many Camino routes and prefer to bring just a liner. I do bring a sleeping bag in early Spring. I am staring the Levente on April 16th have the Albergues blankets if so I will probably chance the liner. How cold at night? I know I will also have to stay in Hostals (cheap Hotels) so no need for either there. Also I have a camelback 2l but prefer to use a one litre water bottle, I hope the water bottle will be enough.

Advice from people who have walked it that time of the year would be appreciated.

Dermot (nalod)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Others have walked much more recently than me, but don't count on blankets in the albergues.
I was walking in September, so much hotter than April, but you need on some stages to carry a lot of water. There are stages where you have to go a long way before you find any

Andy

I walked some in March, whilst the days were warm the nights were cold and some albergues were very cold and did not have blankets.
You will almost certainly need 2 litres of water, there are many long days with no shade and nowhere to top up your water, or get any other refreshment. The Camino de Levante is unlike any other camino that I have done.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I agree with the previous posts, I walked from Alicante to Santiago about this time last year, some nights were very cold and blankets were not always available so I would take a lightweight sleeping bag. There can be limited places to get water, so I would tend to err on the safe side and carry a little more water. Have you seen Bills post on the Sureste Forum?
Regards.
George
PS. I'm starting the Morazabe next week!!!

Thank you Andy and Sulu and George G, I will bring camelback with me and fill on days I need. I think it is best to bring sleeping bag.
I think I have seen Bills posts. Good luck with Mozarabe I done it two years from Granada https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...the-mozarabe-contd-from-mozarabe-forum.16914/
This is a link to some post I made from the Mozarabe . Also there is a section of photographs on my website that might give you a feel for the Mozarabe http://www.caminogallery.com/gallery/?id=9&area=9

Regards Dermot

Last edited:
Well, it's bloody cold with a sleeping bag and blankets at the moment in Algemesi and I have a nice warm partner I can snuggle into. Take the bag.

Edit: oops, old thread!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.