• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Late arrival and albergues

tominrm

Time of past OR future Camino
I will be arriving in Irun to start my CdN. But the train arrives the town from Madrid about 10:00 pm. There are albergues in town, but by the time I get there, they are already closed. What are other options for me in this case? Stay in a hotel?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I would suggest that you look on the hotel booking sites such as booking.com and venere.com and sort the hotels by price. You can then book a bed and also advise of late arrival, especially if your train is late for any reason. (Check the desk times in their info before booking.) It is what we have done when arriving by ferry into N. Spain

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thank you all, I will stay in a hotel the first night. I will make sure they expect my late arrival.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi tominrm
Just a hi to wish you well and let you know I smiled reading on your avatar your reason for walking. -

Oh the new freedom! ! Looks like you made a great start in 2014 !
Buen Camino , Annie

Deninitely book a hotel.

Hi tominrm
Just a hi to wish you well and let you know I smiled reading on your avatar your reason for walking. -

Oh the new freedom! ! Looks like you made a great start in 2014 !
Buen Camino , Annie
Thank you for your compliment. Because of the new "freedom", I plan to walk the camino every year as long as my body allows me to.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back