• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Late arrival to Santiago airport

mmorrissey

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2023
Hi
As we arrive at Santiago airport at 10.45pm, how long is bus or taxi journey to city, and can one check in at hotels approx 11pm to 12pm?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hi
As we arrive at Santiago airport at 10.45pm, how long is bus or taxi journey to city, and can one check in at hotels approx 11pm to 12pm?
20 minutes

It depends on the hotel. Contact the hotel directly when you are attempting to make a reservation. Booking.com lists check-in hours but some accommodations will make arrangements to meet you at the establishment after hours or give you a code to get in. I would also email the accommodation the morning I am arriving and remind them you are arriving late in the evening. I would advise you not to just show up at 11pm, looking for a room and expect a receptionist to be there. Plan ahead. Also have cell phone handy in case something goes wrong and you need to contact them.

Last edited:
20 minutes

It depends on the hotel. Contact the hotel directly when you are attempting to make a reservation. Booking.com lists check-in hours but some accommodations will make arrangements to meet you at the establishment after hours or give you a code to get in. I would also email the accommodation the morning I am arriving and remind them you are arriving late in the evening. I would advise you not to just show up at 11pm, looking for a room and expect a receptionist to be there. Plan ahead. Also have cell phone handy in case something goes wrong and you need to contact them.
Same dilemma for 3 of us. I found an hotel on Booking.com tyat is open late but fortunately no.4 in our group arrives earlier so can check in for us.
Booking.com offered a taxi deal and at that time of night I think it's worth taking that for door to door service.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi
I arrived c 11pm in April last year and decided to taxi to my hostal. No problems checking in - it is Spain after all - but I think an albergure would be a problem.

I arrived c 11pm in April last year and decided to taxi to my hostal. No problems checking in - it is Spain after all - but I think an albergure would be a problem.
There will be hostels with that do not schedule check in till11pm. Do make sure to verify your arrival time and if the plane is delayed (it happens) text or call them and let the know you wil be delayed. It is basic courtesy and you are ensuring that you will get in!!

Most read last week in this forum

I begin my first Camino in mid-May from SJPdP. Due to time constraints related to available PTO, I unfortunately have to skip a few towns along the way if I am to start in SJPdP and end in...
I have just popped my Targeta Dorada (Golden Ticket) in my packing box. They cost €12 and cannot be bought online, but can be renewed online. If journeying too or from the Camino on Spanish trains...
Hi there i'm a first time Camino walker - planning for Sept this year. I have a question if anyone can help. We are going with friends but we can't fly out at the same time so we are going to fly...
Warning for those flying in to France -- there's a strike tomorrow April 25th, which likely will NOT prevent flying in or out of the country on international flights, but is very likely to affect...
Hi everyone! I would greatly appreciate your suggestions for the best summer beaches in Galicia that are easily accessible by car or bus from Santiago de Compostela. Thanks!
A friend due to walk from Sarria to SdC next month is now injured still wants to go along with group walking. Any advice on transport options for him to go from Stage to Stage. All options...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back