• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Late night arrival to St Jean pied de Port what to do

rumcine

Time of past OR future Camino
Dear Pilgrims,

We are planning to arrive to St Jean pied de Port tomorrow, 30/07/2016, but due to a train ticket booking mistake, instad of 7pm, we (2person) will get St Jean at 10pm.
We have no accomodation, because of the previous planned reasons, every place are sold, and also won't be able to get the credentials.

Do you have any idea what to do in this case?

Whom to contact without credentials?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
When you arrive go directly to the Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de La Citadelle.
The office is open every day of the year from early morning until later than the last transport arrives at night; ie roughly 08:00 until 22:00. You might telephone from Bayonne to inform them of your late arrival. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09.

The helpful volunteers in SJPdP will provide your Credencial and when you are on site help find you accommodation. The office keeps an up to the minute list of all beds available in pilgrim albergues as well as regular tourist places.

Now all you need do is to take a deep breath and enjoy your journey! Bon chemin and Buen camino!

Last edited:
If everything is booked in SJPP, try to find auberges/gites or "chambres" (rooms) in Uhart-Cize. It is just 10 minutes from SJPP (actually, it is in the way to Valcarlos).
Buen camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
You could also just stay overnight in Bayonne. Lots of inexpensive lodging in the vicinity of the rail station.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
The ticket for the TER train is good for passage from Bayonne to SJPdP on any train for 90 days. You cannot reserve a seat on TER trains.

I don't understand the bit about making a train ticket booking error.

When you arrive go directly to the Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de La Citadelle.
The office is open every day of the year from early morning until later than the last transport arrives at night; ie roughly 08:00 until 22:00. You might telephone from Bayonne to inform them of your late arrival. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09.

The helpful volunteers in SJPdP will provide your Credencial and when you are on site help find you accommodation. The office keeps an up to the minute list of all beds available in pilgrim albergues as well as regular tourist places.

Now all you need do is to take a deep breath and enjoy your journey! Bon chemin and Buen camino!
Thank you so much for the information, I officially will arrive on the 9th of December, and ill be a bit late in St Jean de Port. I hope everything going well, I am a bit scared, I has walk the camino on the summer but not in winter, and I'll be as usual alone, hope everything going well and dont have trouble with albergues ....

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back