• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

late night arrive in Porto - accommodation suggestions?

phildimashq

Time of past OR future Camino
CP coastal then central then spiritual June 22
Hi folks,

Quick question - the flight I am planning on taking arrives in Porto at 23.00

However, I am flying with Ryanair and based on my recent experience flying to UK I'm expecting the flight to be delayed.

Even if the flight is on time, I think I would be too late to book a dorm room, it would be unfair on the people sleeping.

So I am wondering if anyone might have any recommendations for cheap, reasonable place to stay?

The plan is to sleep, then spend Day 1 in Porto, sleep in Porto again, and then start walking on day 2.

I am not fussy about the location for the first night.

I can always move the next day (day 1) and sleep in a different place on my second night.

Thanking everyone in advance,

Phil

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
maybe try this hostel below, not far from Campanha train station I believe, it is a nice place, possibly stays open all night

Central House Ribeira40 Rua de São João

I stayed in Hotel Moov which was within walking distance of central Porto. It was clean, comfortable, convenient and had a good breakfast. I took a taxi from the airport as I arrived late and was on my own. I had a couple of nights there as I wanted to explore Porto before starting my Camino. But it's not far from metro stations so wouldn't be difficult to get there with public transport.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
maybe try this hostel below, not far from Campanha train station I believe, it is a nice place, possibly stays open all night

Central House Ribeira40 Rua de São João
Thanks Amancio, I had a look at this place now but I don't think it would be fair for me to arrive into a dorm after midnight - especially if people are sleeping and planning to start early the next day

There is a hostel about 15 minute walk from the airport who seem to be used to late arrivals
I flew to Porto from Manchester a few weeks ago on the Ryanair flight - got to hostel about 12:15 and they were OK

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I've stayed at the Wine Hostel,twice, as they have a 24 hour reception and not many people there go to bed before midnight. It is just a couple of blocks from Clerigos Tower, up the hill from the tram station on the central square near City Hall. See link: https://www.winehostel.pt/en/

Good luck and bom camhino!

Hi folks,

Quick question - the flight I am planning on taking arrives in Porto at 23.00

However, I am flying with Ryanair and based on my recent experience flying to UK I'm expecting the flight to be delayed.

Even if the flight is on time, I think I would be too late to book a dorm room, it would be unfair on the people sleeping.

So I am wondering if anyone might have any recommendations for cheap, reasonable place to stay?

The plan is to sleep, then spend Day 1 in Porto, sleep in Porto again, and then start walking on day 2.

I am not fussy about the location for the first night.

I can always move the next day (day 1) and sleep in a different place on my second night.

Thanking everyone in advance,

Phil
the last metro from the airport goes at 00h40 to Trindade in the center of Porto
it takes about 40 minutes to get there because of a lot of stops.
then depending where your hotel hostal etc is, you have to find your way in the dark
I stayed several times at the Park hotel opposite the Arrivals/Departures hall of the airport.You can arrive late and you won’t disturb anybody

From there you could walk next day to e,g. Barcelos on the Central as I wrote you in my other post or walk to Vila do Conde or Póvoa da Varzim if you want to walk the coastal.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We stayed here right at the airport when we landed late on a Ryanair flight a month ago. Cost about €60 for a double but reception all night, complimentary beer, tea , coffee etc in room and then they knocked on the door with a pink bubbly and cake gift!
A stamp in our credential in the morning and just around the corner our first yellow arrow for the Coastal route!

Solar Antigo Porto Aeroporto
Av. do Aeroporto 288, 4470-558 Maia, Portugal
+351 969 374 874

When we finished Lisbon to Porto, We stayed in hotel aeroporto on rua pedras rubras a 9 min walk from Porto airport in October 2017 as we had an early flight the next morning. We paid 49€ for a private room.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back