A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Late start tomorrow for San Juan... beds available??

2020 Camino Guides

NadineK

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014)
Norte/Primitivo (2015)
San Salvador (2016)
Le Puy-Cahors (2017)
Aragonés (2019)
Hello forum!

I am in Puente La Reina, having just finished the Camino Aragones (ahh, what an incredible Camino!), and am now planning to bus up to Irun to begin waking the Norte. I’ve walked it before- 4 years ago- and loved it.

Here’s my question, and I know there’s probably no “right” answer but your input may be helpful! My bus leaves Puente La Reina at 11am and arrives in Irun at 1:00. Because I’ve already been walking I’m eager to just keep going, and don’t particularly feel like an ‘off’ day tomorrow. So I’m thinking of starting to walk after I get dropped off in the city, and aim to get to Pasajes de San Juan for the night.

I see that there are only 14 beds there; if I don’t arrive until 5pm or after, what are the odds that there will be a bed available? For those who have stayed there before, did the place fill up?

Thanks I’m advance, and Buen Camino!

Nadine

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Try Casa Txurdin - a guest house in Pasajes that you can reserve. You can call/message her on WhatsApp. The number is +34685475733 .

NadineK

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014)
Norte/Primitivo (2015)
San Salvador (2016)
Le Puy-Cahors (2017)
Aragonés (2019)
Try Casa Txurdin - a guest house in Pasajes that you can reserve. You can call/message her on WhatsApp. The number is +34685475733 .
Thank you for this tip, I think I will try and see if they have a bed!

Camino(s) past & future
Camino del Norte Sept 2013
Camino del Norte Sept 2014
Camino del Norte 2015,16,17,18
That was my first ever Hostal. The very kind hostelero made room for us even tho they were officially full. In the morning he played very soft meditative music to wake us all up gently. It was very memorable. Hopefully there will be a bed for you

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 188 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 310 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 89 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.2%
  • September

Votes: 355 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 150 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock