• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Latest info on Ruta do mar?

OZAJ

Time of past OR future Camino
Mozarabe/VdlP/Sanabres (2008) Norte (2009) Vezelay/Frances/Salvador/Primitivo (2010) etc.
I have Cicerone's 2019 guide, which I think is the most recent in English. If anyone knows of a more recent guide, please let me know. I can just about manage Spanish and French.

Does anyone have any info which may be more recent?Perhaps there is someone who has walked this route recently? I am particularly interested in waymarking, if there is any. I do not use GPS but do like paper maps.

Obviously I am also interested in accommodation and food. Wild camping is no longer for me.

I have left this rather late - if I go it will be early July.

Thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have Cicerone's 2019 guide, which I think is the most recent in English. If anyone knows of a more recent guide, please let me know. I can just about manage Spanish and French.

Does anyone have any info which may be more recent?Perhaps there is someone who has walked this route recently? I am particularly interested in waymarking, if there is any. I do not use GPS but do like paper maps.

Obviously I am also interested in accommodation and food. Wild camping is no longer for me.

I have left this rather late - if I go it will be early July.

Thanks
Check out this very recent post.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Obviously I am also interested in accommodation and food. ..............

Thanks
When we walked in 2015 the waymarking was good to follow in places and missing in others. We took paper maps (Mapas Militar) but only took the sections we needed of each as they would have been too heavy to carry all those needed. Ours came from the Map Shop, Upton-on-Severn, although their website is very different now. We will check out the map numbers again and post them here. We then used one of the websites to pencil in the route. Very helpful when things were difficult.
I suspect that the same holds true for some parts as when we walked, either long distances without food and accommodation or the need to jump a section to avoid that. The walks on the internet guide we used obviously had transport to the start of their weekly sessions!. The 2019 guide that Dave wrote is good, if you have the book do you have access to the online version, maybe updated??
Buen Camino

I walked in 2016 with a few diversions to take in sights I wanted to see, ie Estaca de Bares and San Andres de Teixido. I recorded my tracks on Wikiloc and posted daily to my blog with info on accommodation and route. Let me know if you want to see the tracks.

I just walked this route in April and May. The Ruta do Mar mostly follows the Camino Natural del Cantábrico all the way to Ladrido. From there to Ferrol there are no signs indicating a Camino at all. In fact a couple of times where the Ruta do Mar deviated from the Camino Natural and I tried to find my way - even asking locals (I'm a Spanish speaker), they had no clue, and as mentioned there were no yellow arrows, mojones or any visible guidance.
I will gladly give you detailed food and lodging information, just send me a PM:)

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I just walked this route in April and May. The Ruta do Mar mostly follows the Camino Natural del Cantábrico all the way to Ladrido. From there to Ferrol there are no signs indicating a Camino at all. In fact a couple of times where the Ruta do Mar deviated from the Camino Natural and I tried to find my way - even asking locals (I'm a Spanish speaker), they had no clue, and as mentioned there were no yellow arrows, mojones or any visible guidance.
I will gladly give you detailed food and lodging information, just send me a PM:)
Hi, I am planning to walk the Ruta do Mar this year. I would really appreciate it if you could please send me the detailed food and lodging information. Thank you so much in advance 🙏

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.