• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Laundry in Santiago

koilife

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF '13; CF/Salvador/Ingles '16; Portugues '22
I'm looking for options for laundry while in Santiago, where I can get a really good clean (get rid of that eau d'peregrinos) without paying a fortune for hotel laundry service. I'm staying at the albergue part of San Martin Pinal, and they haven't responded to an email inquiry (probably still laughing hysterically), but my suspicion is that there isn't a lavadora y secadora for pilgrim use. Google maps shows no conveniently local lavanderias.

Suggestions? Other than kerosene and a match . . .

A selection of Camino Jewellery
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
PERFECTO!!! Muchas muchas muchas gracias!

Is pilgrim house recent? Somehow I've missed them, which makes them recent or confirms my wife's observation of my lack of observation skills.

The reception at San Martin Pinario directed me to a lavanderia just 5 minutes up the street. Here is the website for the laundromat part of the business, and here is the website for the pension. At this laundromat, you go to the reception desk and pay for tokens to do the laundry; then you go downstairs and do it yourself.

Pilgrim House is a good place to visit, with or without laundry - they provide pilgrim assistance, a meeting space and various services, but not accommodation or food. (@koilife - That might be why you missed them.) You give them the laundry, they actually do it, and you come back at an agreed time, or you hang around and read or talk to other pilgrims. They have a suggested donation price, which is very reasonable.

I should mention that Googling for "lavanderia" and "auto servicio" will find you laundromats in many major towns.

The reception at San Martin Pinario directed me to a lavanderia just 5 minutes up the street. Here is the website for the laundromat part of the business, and here is the website for the pension. At this laundromat, you go to the reception desk and pay for tokens to do the laundry; then you go downstairs and do it yourself.

Pilgrim House is a good place to visit, with or without laundry - they provide pilgrim assistance, a meeting space and various services, but not accommodation or food. (@koilife - That might be why you missed them.) You give them the laundry, they actually do it, and you come back at an agreed time, or you hang around and read or talk to other pilgrims. They have a suggested donation price, which is very reasonable.

I should mention that Googling for "lavanderia" and "auto servicio" will find you laundromats in many major towns.
Thank you! And, I busted out laughing in the middle of the bar when I read the "that might be why you missed them" aside. Am I really that transparent?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
And don't assume that hotel laundry will necessarily be expensive - at the Hotel San Juan de Campana, ours cost 10 euro for wash, dry, and fold, up to 4kg. And it was back within a few hours. I spent almost that to do a load at an alberque earlier in the week - the dryer was so ineffective that it required 2 cycles for the clothes to be dampish.

Pilgrim House.
I think the laundry charge is 6 euro.
Also...it is the best place to just sit and chat with other pilgrims ....out of the hustle.

Free WiFi, nice sitting area, pack storage, boarding pass printing.
This is a non profit dedicated to Pilgrims.
Pilgrimhousesantiago.com

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

I did this in Santiago -- just turn left from the door of San Martin Pinario, and you will find the pension a block or so up -- it is not well marked. I actually found it accidentally after being directed by the San Martin staff -- I went into the pension to ask where I might find the lavanderia, and they said, 'We're it!' It worked beautifully.

It's certainly been done at Finisterre - witness the state of the beach - but I wouldn't recommend it on the lawn at San Martin Pinario.
Two weeks late for San Juan . . . Darn it all anyways.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!
It's been 5 years since being in Santiago and my perceptions are stuck in a decade ago. But these days it's so much easier to find good vegetarian and vegan food here. Yesterday I had a wonderful...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.