• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Camino Olvidado Guide created by one of our forum members

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Laura from Mansilla de las Mulas on the Olvidado

peregrina2000

Staff member
Wow, how the Camino connects. I am sure that a lot of you remember Laura from the albergue municipal in Mansilla de las Mulas. She was one of those memorable hospitaleras who was always helpful and caring. I stayed there several times, and I remember once that she said to me (after I had been there four years earlier) — you’re Laura, right? I recognized you from your hat! (It was probably my white hair, but she was being polite ;) Or maybe the fact that we have the same name).

Anyway, she is now on (more precisely, she is now close to) the Olvidado. She has a Casa Rural in Robledo de Omaña, La Casa Rural la Magia de las Nubes. See this thread for more info. She will come pick you up in Riello and take you back to the camino the next morning. I wouldn’t miss this if I am so lucky as to walk the Olvidado again.

I think that if Laura has moved away from the Francés, it’s a good sign for others to try the Olvidado!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I am sure that a lot of you remember Laura from the albergue municipal in Mansilla de las Mulas.
Here she is for anyone who needs a prompt.
Wonderful news for anyone wanting to walk the Olvidado - Laura's welcome was one of the best experiences on the Frances. I always wondered how she managed the work, year after year.

Attachments

• IMG_7880.JPG
    IMG_7880.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 142
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I stayed with her a few days ago. Laura is the best! She has some really funny stories from her years on the Camino. Plus the restaurant she works at in Riello has an incredible Menu! ❤️

@Sara_Dhooma, so I take it if you pull into Riello and have the menu del dia at the Restaurant, Laura can give you a ride afterwards? There are a couple of restaurants in Riello - do you remember which one it is?

She gave us the “private room”!!!

Attachments

• AB80C9BB-DF6E-44E3-9BDC-1575D22407D5.jpeg
    AB80C9BB-DF6E-44E3-9BDC-1575D22407D5.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 65
  • 84A990BC-C320-4C8E-A7A9-F5A81EEB16ED.jpeg
    84A990BC-C320-4C8E-A7A9-F5A81EEB16ED.jpeg
    120.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 71E041D7-DAF8-4BC5-AABF-6B6E4679619C.jpeg
    71E041D7-DAF8-4BC5-AABF-6B6E4679619C.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 59
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Laura! Helping some Pilgrims with their feet.
Wow, how the Camino connects. I am sure that a lot of you remember Laura from the albergue municipal in Mansilla de las Mulas. She was one of those memorable hospitaleras who was always helpful and caring. I stayed there several times, and I remember once that she said to me (after I had been there four years earlier) — you’re Laura, right? I recognized you from your hat! (It was probably my white hair, but she was being polite ;) Or maybe the fact that we have the same name).

Anyway, she is now on (more precisely, she is now close to) the Olvidado. She has a Casa Rural in Robledo de Omaña, La Casa Rural la Magia de las Nubes. See this thread for more info. She will come pick you up in Riello and take you back to the camino the next morning. I wouldn’t miss this if I am so lucky as to walk the Olvidado again.

I think that if Laura has moved away from the Francés, it’s a good sign for others to try the Olvidado!
Why did she leave Mansilla de las Mulas? Is that municipal Albergue permanently closed? Enjoyed staying there 2018, 2019. Sad to see it closed 2021. Laura was so entertaining!!

Laura! Helping some Pilgrims with their feet.

Why did she leave Mansilla de las Mulas? Is that municipal Albergue permanently closed? Enjoyed staying there 2018, 2019. Sad to see it closed 2021. Laura was so entertaining!!
Maybe she wanted a change of scenery?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Laura is amazing! The night I stayed in Mancilla de las Mulas in 2016 she started an international sing-along in the courtyard after dinner that was one of the most memorable, magical nights of my Camino. First she and her mother sang for everyone in Spanish. Then she encouraged everyone else to take turns singing for the group in their native tongue. Some of the songs were funny, some were achingly beautiful, all were fantastic. It went on like that until suddenly it was after 10 and we had to blow out the candles in the courtyard and head for our bunks. I’ve always been grateful to Laura for that experience and if she sees this I wish her well in her new endeavor!!

Wow, I am so sad I’m going to miss Laura on the CF in September and October. She and her Albergue was one of my favorite nights on the Camino. She fixed up my horrendous blisters and helped us to schedule massages. Please explain, which route is the Olvidado.? I don’t know this one.

Please explain, which route is the Olvidado.? I don’t know this one.

If you need more information there is a subforum here to search. And Google is your friend. ;)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There are two in Google Map, right next to each other but with different names. Same owner? Or? The second one is Villamor:
To clarify - Hospitalera Laura works at the Bar Restaurante Villamor de Riello. I’m meeting her there tomorrow to get my ride to her Casa Rural La Magia de las Nubes..

Please tell her we remember her kindness!
I passed on your greetings and reminded her of the many pilgrims she has welcomed and helped over many years on the Camino Frances. I showed her this thread and she was touched. She clearly misses being a full-time Hospitalera, so I hope many pilgrims walking the Olvidado will seek her out and stay with her, Ana and their five cats. The cats are guaranteed to keep your feet warm, and Ana’s and Laura’s warmth and kindness will spur you on over the next few days.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I stayed there a few days ago. I hadn't seen this thread so I knew nothing about Laura's backstory. I grabbed their pensión outside Riello only because I learned about in @Omicko's list with accommodation on the Olvidado. I highly recommend La Magía de las Nubes! Laura and Ana were so welcoming and gave me everything I needed. Bed, meal (at their place, not at the restaurant) in the evening and breakfast in the morning for 20 euros, if anyone is interested in the price. I don't know what to add to what has been said above. It is one of the best and most memorable places I stayed in on the Olvidado (I hope to be in Villafranca del Bierzo tomorrow.) As someone wrote above: their kindness and hospitality gave me a boost of energy that stayed with me for a long time..!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back