A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

León to Santiago January 2020

Janu

Camino(s) past & future
January 2020 León to Santiago de compostela
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this will be my first camino (or any type of long walk) ever. So pretty excited and nervous at the same time!

Is anyone else walking during January? I really hope to meet at least a few other walkers. I will be starting from León on the 15th of January.

A bit nervous about possible snow especially on O Cebreiro, but I guess there is an alternative route worse comes to worse?

I'm also not great at navigation, but everyone seems to be of the opinion that you won't get lost easily on the camino, so fingers crossed!

Wish me luck and hopefully I will see some of you on my walk :)

Dave C.

Camino(s) past & future
Francis (2016)
SJ to Santo Domingo (2017)
Santo Domingo to Fromista (2018)
SJPdP to Burgos (2019)
Welcome to the forum and may you have a Buen Camino!!

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Last edited:

2020Pilgrim-hopeful

Camino(s) past & future
Newcomer! (Frances hopefully in 2020)
I will not be walking in the winter, but I see your Camino will start soon! Buen Camino! So excited for you!

Camino(s) past & future
I am walking in March and April of 2019.
Hello i will be walking in January as well! A bit later than you....i start in Pamplona on Jan 23rd. Dont worry, there will be other crazy winter walkers! I completed the Camino last February and was never alone.

freescot

Camino(s) past & future
La Plata (2010) Portuguese from Coimbra(2010) Levante (2011) La Lana (2013) Francés from Roncevalles to Molinasaca then the Camino de Invierno (2014)
Hello Janu, you might just pass me. I'm off to start in Sarria middle of next week. I'll be the slowest pilgrim you pass. Buen Camino.

dfox

Camino(s) past & future
CF (4/2017)
CP (5/2019)
CF (5/2021)
... but everyone seems to be of the opinion that you won't get lost easily on the camino, ...!
One should be OK, as long as you pay attention to the waymarkers, which at times could be confusing.

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Camino(s) past & future
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
I'm also not great at navigation, but everyone seems to be of the opinion that you won't get lost easily on the camino, so fingers crossed!
You have to talk to my wife, she got lost on a square meter.😉
Wish you a beautiful walk .🙏

Gumba

Camino(s) past & future
CF March 2018
CF Dec 2019/2020
Hi, am walking now in a cohort of about 20 pilgrims, about half started at Leon. Weather has been wonderful and sunny. V cold first thing. Don't forget your beanie and/or buff.

Janu

Camino(s) past & future
January 2020 León to Santiago de compostela
Thanks for the tips everyone! I've tried to read as much about winter caminos as possible in preparation. Also I feel reassured now that I'll meet fellow pilgrims. :)

Mark McCarthy

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2014 2015
Lourdes 2 SdC 2016
Sarria 2 SdC April&Oct 2016 & (April 2018)
Camino Baztan June 2017
It was very wet and very muddy in December. Waterproof boots and gaitors are recommended. Have a wonderful trip. Buen Camino!

Michael-FL

Camino(s) past & future
Caminho Portugues (2017)
Frances/Salvador/Primitivo (2021)
Hi everyone!

I'm new here and this will be my first camino (or any type of long walk) ever. So pretty excited and nervous at the same time!

Is anyone else walking during January? I really hope to meet at least a few other walkers. I will be starting from León on the 15th of January.

A bit nervous about possible snow especially on O Cebreiro, but I guess there is an alternative route worse comes to worse?

Wish me luck and hopefully I will see some of you on my walk :)
So excited for you. Wishing you a safe journey. I will be following you nine weeks later on the CF, starting at SJPP and walking it in memory of my dear wife who passed just 18 days ago. Please keep us posted on your progress. Buen Camino.

Gumba

Camino(s) past & future
CF March 2018
CF Dec 2019/2020
I'm sorry for your loss Michael. Not the same but I lost my mum a few weeks before our Camino. Xo (We reached Santiago a few days ago)

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.8%
  • October

Votes: 156 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock