• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Le Chambon sur Lignon

Ferenjinan

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy- Auvillar ( 2018 )
Lisbon- Santiago (2019)

St. Jean Pied a Port - Finisterre 2008
Has anyone made a side pilgrimage to Le Chambon? I recently saw this article (http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20180806-a-french-village-committed-to-deception) and realised it is only 40 km from Le Puy. I'd known the story for years but now that I find it is so close, I feel it would be a shame not to go. So I think I'll walk there first and start my pilgrimage that way. If anyone has any info about gites or anything, I'd appreciate it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for this post, @Ferenjinan .
I had not heard of this place. We need inspiration like this these days.

So I think I'll walk there first and start my pilgrimage that way. If anyone has any info about gites or anything, I'd appreciate it.
I have no idea, but what a great idea.
Google found this place about half way between Le Puy and Le Chambon:
https://www.gites.fr/gites_gite-vas-l-annette_saint-julien-chapteuil_h1514264_en.htm
(There is a map at the bottom of the page. You could also check Booking.com - they'd likely have all sorts of options.)

I would guess you could bus there from Le Puy and walk back.

It appears to be accessible by transit (from Tence) for walkers on the Via Gebennensis (GR-65).

Details: Bus 37 departs from the Hotel de Ville (Tence), and takes around 20-25 minutes one-way.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wish I had known about it when I walked the route from Geneva to Le Puy....

Back