• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy Accommodation

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi everyone!

I need your help once again.

Are there any gite etapes within Le Puy who allow more than 1 night stays? (2-3 nights)
If so, which one would you recommend?

Otherwise, what alternate accommodation would you recommend?

I'd like to book my accommodation as soon as possible.

Merci beaucoup,
Sonia
:)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Try Les Capucins. Web site:
http://www.lescapucins.net/gite/

There is both a hotel and Gite available. I am certain there is no problem with several nights in either the hotel or the gite. The dorm I stayed in earlier this year was about 14 euro and had 6 beds in the room I was in. Several pilgrims were also in the hotel.

One advantage is it is on the camino end of town and makes for an easy start. It is a little walk to the Cathedral if you plan to go to the morning mass....but you are there for walking...right? :wink:

Hi, I warmly and highly recommend Logis Meymard in 24 Rue Meymard, Mme Dechaux. Just goolge Logis Meymard. She speaks some english. It is in a little pedestrian street next to tourist office and the owner a retired professor, who makes wood sculptures is wonderful. It is 45 Euro for a double room for the night with breakfast, absolutely worth it compared to the gites I have stayed in in Le Puy, which tend to be pricey by the time you have added breakfast. Gitti

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I second Les Capucins. We met camino friends that we kept meeting for the next month. You get a good start on the communal living. It has a good breakfast. It is inexpensive. It will save you ten minutes on departure morning.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Since you will be staying in town a couple days and exploring, I think the gite recommended by Gitti will serve your purposes better, with its more central location. Capuchins is near the western border, where the GR65 leaves town outbound. Eventhough I stayed there, I wished for a more central location.

Hi, Sonia,
Glad to see you're going to be able to head out this year. Hoping to hear all about it. Do you have a planned start date?

I stayed in the Hotel St. Jacques when I walked from lePuy, but that was many years ago. What I found was that, if memory serves, it was convenient to the train station but not in the historic center. I've read other suggestions of albergues on this forum and will try to find one of them next time, which I hope will be in a couple of years.

Buen camino, Lauie

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi Lauie,

I fly out of Australia on the 1st June. I'll take a few days to get over the jetlag.

Yes, the hotel is close to the train station. Where is the historic centre? Is it near the cathedral? If so, the hotel isn't all that far from the historic centre.

Thanks,
Sonn

Hi there
I've stayed at St Jacques twice. Nice family hotel and 2 min walk from what I would think is the historical center. I would stay there again!

Have fun planning. And don't miss out on Le Tsabone in Monistrol. One of the best gites on the route.

Rikke

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. I booked a room at the Hotel Saint Jacques. I like the fact it's close to the historic centre and they're willing to hold onto my luggage whilst I walk the camino for only 20 euros!

I left a piece of luggage in a Paris hotel for about 35 days. No charge. But I stayed there both before and after my hike.

How long are they holding it and did you commit to spend the night when you retrieve it?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I'm feeling a tad bipolar. o_O Since my last post I've now decided to stay at Logis Meymard in 24 Rue Meymard, Mme Dechaux as recommended by Gitti awhile back. She is happy to hold onto my luggage free of charge until I complete my walk. :)

I stayed with her in September. Thoroughly delightful and a super location. She'll have dinner recommendations, too. I had a delightful meal at Le Chamarlenc.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Bon jour. I am really not sure how to send PMs, but wanted to please request a list with reviews for accommodation (Gitti). I wish to stay in basic gites which have a kitchen.

I would love to also store my case in Lyon or Le Puy. Sonia, is it possible to leave a case at St Jacques for up to 8 weeks?
Oui, 20 euros sounds good...my French is very poor and so I was wondering the best means of contact. plan to step out end of May.

Thanks and Bon chemin!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back