A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Le Puy and Lyon lodging?

Santiago Photo Book

David from Montana

Camino(s) past & future
walked the camino de Santiago Frances, in (2018), and plan to walk the GR 65 route this fall (2019)
I am traveling to Lyon and then to Le-Puy to walk the GR 65 with my daughter in late September. Any recommendations for lodging in Le-Puy or Lyon? ... near train station in Lyon perhaps.

alhartman

Camino(s) past & future
Hope so!
Stayed in the now closed Athena Part Dieu Lyon which seems to now be an Ibis. Great location across the square from railway so easy to catch LePuy train. Last time there was 5 years ago at eu70 for a double.
Lyon is maybe the culinary capital of France so be sure to eat at a bouchon. And visit the Paul Bocouse Food Hall.
And Gite d'etape des Capucins in LePuy. Check out Gronze for updated info.

David from Montana

Camino(s) past & future
walked the camino de Santiago Frances, in (2018), and plan to walk the GR 65 route this fall (2019)
Thanks for the information.... what is "Gronze"?

Kat Kostrzewska

Online guide https://caminodesantiagobybike.co.uk
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018), Via Tolosana (2012) Camino Norte (2014)
I stayed in Ibis hotel in Lyon as well. Very convenient location, close to the train station. Lyon has plenty of Michelin star restaurants as Althartman said👍 In Le Puy I also stayed in the albergue. Highly recommended.

In the morning there was a mass with blessing for the pilgrims in Le-Puy-en-Velay Cathedral . Bishop pointed out a box with intensions written on the pieces of paper that people had left hoping that pilgrims would take to Santiago de Compostela. I took some of them with me. It felt like a right thing to do. So it was.

Next time before I set off on a journey I asked those around me to write their intensions. And I took them with me to Compostela. I will do it again.

Peterpilger

Camino(s) past & future
Via Jacobi, Schweiz
Via Gebennensis
Via Podiensis
Hallo

We stayed here and had dinner in town: Accueil Saint François
It is also possible to eat there.
It is near (50 m) to the cathedral.

Bon Chemin

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 44 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 165 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 268 24.5%