• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy and Lyon lodging?

David from Montana

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2018, LePuy 2019, Primitivio 2021
I am traveling to Lyon and then to Le-Puy to walk the GR 65 with my daughter in late September. Any recommendations for lodging in Le-Puy or Lyon? ... near train station in Lyon perhaps.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Stayed in the now closed Athena Part Dieu Lyon which seems to now be an Ibis. Great location across the square from railway so easy to catch LePuy train. Last time there was 5 years ago at eu70 for a double.
Lyon is maybe the culinary capital of France so be sure to eat at a bouchon. And visit the Paul Bocouse Food Hall.
And Gite d'etape des Capucins in LePuy. Check out Gronze for updated info.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stayed in Ibis hotel in Lyon as well. Very convenient location, close to the train station. Lyon has plenty of Michelin star restaurants as Althartman said👍 In Le Puy I also stayed in the albergue. Highly recommended.

In the morning there was a mass with blessing for the pilgrims in Le-Puy-en-Velay Cathedral . Bishop pointed out a box with intensions written on the pieces of paper that people had left hoping that pilgrims would take to Santiago de Compostela. I took some of them with me. It felt like a right thing to do. So it was.

Next time before I set off on a journey I asked those around me to write their intensions. And I took them with me to Compostela. I will do it again.

Hallo

We stayed here and had dinner in town: Accueil Saint François
It is also possible to eat there.
It is near (50 m) to the cathedral.

Bon Chemin

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.