• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy Camino May/June or Aug./Sept ?

Leigh Lorayne

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino del Norte Irun to Ribadasella (2016)
Camino Primitivo Oviedo to Santiago (2016)
Planning to walk Le Puy route. Have walked two previous Caminos in Late Aug/Sept. and found the weather beautiful but the fields harvested and brown on the Camino Frances. Was considering a May/June Camino this time. Any thoughts?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There are a lot of holidays in France in May, so the Chemin is quite busy. However, it is not as busy as the Camino Frances at the same time. August could be quite hot; September is very nice, so September-October will have good weather with far fewer pilgrims.

There are a lot of holidays in France in May, so the Chemin is quite busy. However, it is not as busy as the Camino Frances at the same time. August could be quite hot; September is very nice, so September-October will have good weather with far fewer pilgrims.

Thanks! In May, with the holidays, is there a challenge to get accommodation? What is the weather like in June?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Harvest time in France continues well into September: regional table grape varieties, sunflowers, wine grapes. September is so nice, it's a very popular walking month, as the young retirees return the grandkids to their parents as school resumes. September tends to be drier than May. In May, you'd want to be careful to book in advance and be flexible as to choice of lodgings. Weather is good in June, and school is still in session.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...route-in-september-october.45907/#post-486289

Last edited:
Thanks! In May, with the holidays, is there a challenge to get accommodation? What is the weather like in June?
The French, most of the pilgrims, call ahead for reservations, so I recommend that you do as well. It will save you walking around town looking for a bed. Do you walking by cell phone! Hosts will help you with the phone calls.

Keeping in mind that you cover mountains, valleys, and flat terrain over 450 miles in changing weather conditions, expect June to be warm to hot.

Harvest time in France continues well into September: regional table grape varieties, sunflowers, wine grapes. September is so nice, it's a very popular walking month, as the young retirees return the grandkids to their parents as school resumes. September tends to be drier than May. In May, you'd want to be careful to book in advance and be flexible as to choice of lodgings. Weather is good in June, and school is still in session.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...route-in-september-october.45907/#post-486289
Thank you. Very helpful information!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The French, most of the pilgrims, call ahead for reservations, so I recommend that you do as well. It will save you walking around town looking for a bed. Do you walking by cell phone! Hosts will help you with the phone calls.

Keeping in mind that you cover mountains, valleys, and flat terrain over 450 miles in changing weather conditions, expect June to be warm to hot.

Thanks. I am so glad for this forum and all the information that can be shared!

I started Le Puy at the end of April and finished the route at the beginning of June. Other than some snow in the Aubrac (somewhat unpredictable at that time of year), I had perfect weather! Prep for seriously rainy days as well as very hot and sunny. Due to the windy weather at altitude, I'd suggest an actual raincoat and backpack cover instead of just a poncho.

Buen Camino! :)

Much appreciated! It was toss up on th first Camino re poncho or rain suit and pack cover. The rain jacket won. I haven't regretted it especially on very windy days. Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back