Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Le puy - Conques Fictional Tale on blog

robertt

I'll understand if many ignore and some groan. I've written a little historical/fictional piece as a blog entry. Its setting is the start of the Chemin du Puy and I've included some of my own photos (made sepia for an antique look. Ew!)

As far as historical accuracy and consistency go, I'm up on the The Flintstones but somewhat short of Gladiator. Maybe the piece can stand as a warning not to take up writing fiction at age 63.

http://withtwist.wordpress.com/2012/08/ ... int-faith/

Anyway, enjoy only if you can, but be nice about the sepia look. (It seemed a good idea at the time, okay?)

Rob

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Farmer John

Year of past OR future Camino
Le Puy to Finnesterre May-July (2013); Planned Caminos with grandchildren starting in (2016)
Hello, Robert!

"Me thinks thou do protest too much". Apologies to The Bard for the pilfering, but it seems totally appropriate relative to your apologies for offering us your wonderful story with St. Faith. I was hooked at the first paragraph. I read the rest of it gingerly straddling the fine line between admiration and jealousy. You are only two years my junior, but I'm sure even those two quick years ago I couldn't have strung the words together so neatly as you have done. Probably purely coincidence that my planned route next year starts at Le Puy, but be assured my imagination will be stuck in high gear as I view all the sights you have included in the story of the capricious saint (though probably not in the cool sepia tones). Thanks again for your efforts and your talents. I was happy to see on WordPress that there are other of your stories to explore. Rest assured, they will be.

An Appreciative Hopeful Pilgrim'
Farmer John

robertt

Thank you, John, and glad you enjoyed. Hard to know if what entertains me has the same effect on others.

The Chemin du Puy next year! You know, every time somebody says they're off to Le Puy, I get a thrill. I'm hoping to get back there so I can connect with the Chemin d'Arles via the Regordane Way. (Presently arranging the necessary hold-ups and forged checks for that.)

I'm tempted to be cautious and say that you may be disappointed, but, really, you won't be. One of the best experiences possible is in front of you.

Rob

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

mspath

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Rob,

It's always a pleasure to read your latest "local history" of the Lot valley! The Devil does, indeed, keep busy! Perhaps someday we, too, might share a truffle with a flute of champagne. Be sure to keep on writing these wonderful fables. .. Sancta Fides, Ora pro nobis.

Margaret Meredith

robertt

Rob,

It's always a pleasure to read your latest "local history" of the Lot valley! The Devil does, indeed, keep busy! Perhaps someday we, too, might share a truffle with a flute of champagne. Be sure to keep on writing these wonderful fables. .. Sancta Fides, Ora pro nobis.

Margaret Meredith
Glad you enjoyed, MM. I'll get back to France somehow though it seems improbable right now. I'm tempted to do a deal with Saint Faith to get there, but that little chick terrifies me, saint or no saint.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads