• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy-Figeac in 2010

Mel from Canada

I am planning on walking the camino from Le Puy to Figeac next year. I understand that 2010 is a jubilee year with more than the normal number of pilgrims expected. Can anyone please give me an idea of how many pilgrims might be expected next year on this section based on the last jubilee year?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The jubilee year is for Santiago, and I don't imagine it will cause a huge increase in the numbers walking from Le Puy to Figeac. (Le Puy itself has a different way of working out its jubilee: "the great jubilee which is granted to Our Lady of Le Puy whenever Good Friday falls on 25 March, the Feast of the Annunciation." - from Wikipedia.)

You don't say which month you are planning on walking: one of the busier months for French people walking in this part of France is May, and it can get busy around the times of public holidays. However, I always found a bed, and only once resorted to paying more for a chambre d'hote.
Margaret

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back