• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy, forwarding extra baggage and transport from Conques

coriejim

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances
My wife and I plan on waking from Le Puy to Conques in mid Sept. . We have a number of items that we would like to forward to Conques as they are not needed while walking but will be needed as we continue our visit in France. Any suggestion on transporting these things ( (2-3 kg) from Le Puy to Conques.

Also any suggestion on options for traveling from Conques to Brive-la-Gaillarde? We plan to pick up a car rental in Brive-la-Gaillarde. Thanks in advance

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Corie and Jim, Welcome to the forum

One idea is to use the French system of post restante. You post your package addressed with

your name
post restante
address of post office

They will hold the parcel for you for two weeks for a small fee.

at least these are the details I remember, worth checking out further on the net, or maybe someone else here can help.

No idea about the travel question sorry.

Le Puy to Conques is very beautiful, enjoy!

Bon Chemin
Davey

I believe the baggage transport services will also accommodate you. Your gite host in Le Puy should be able to advise on details.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Going to and leaving from Conques was discussed in this thread.
Since Brive-la-Gaillarde has a train station, basically you need a transportation to the nearer station from Conques, which could be Figeac or Rodez. For train schedules, see http://www.sncf.com/
Hope this helps a bit.

In my experience, hotels have been quite accommodating.

If you're making a hotel reservation in Conques or your first overnight stay thereafter, ask if they'll accept your package and hold it for a week plus. There's a good chance they'll say sure, especially if you specify the size, which is so small.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I second www.lamallepostale.com

They're a great service for transporting baggage along the route and it's relatively cheap for how far you're looking to send the bags. The trick will be finding a place that will store your things over several days while you catch up. If no gites or hotels are willing to do this, you may have to have your bags delivered to your daily accommodations as you walk. You could make this arrangement in advance with La Malle Postale to avoid booking mistakes.

Bon chemin!

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back