• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy, here we come!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I just booked my non stop flights from Chicago to Paris for the month of June and I'm so excited!! It finally becomes "real" when you push the "send" button and commit to spending the $. I'll be going with two Camino gal pals as far as Moissac...can't wait! :):D:)

I agree! buying all the necessary equipment was one thing (I can use that stuff anytime and already do) but buying those plane tickets and booking a first night in SJPP gave me the real butterflies.

We are flying into Paris June 21st and after the weekend in the city with friends, will set foot on the chemin shortly. Look forward to your posts.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Congratulations! I started looking at plane fares last night. I’d love to go in the Spring but I truly need to train or I will not be successful so either Fall or even next Spring it will have to be. Bought all my gear except backpack which was fun. My mom got to see what I would be doing before she died this past 11/9. I walk for her and my friend who passed the year before. A little more healing from grief and I’m hoping to be ready... little steps! Enjoy every part of your journeyBuen Camino!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just booked my non stop flights from Chicago to Paris for the month of June and I'm so excited!! It finally becomes "real" when you push the "send" button and commit to spending the $. I'll be going with two Camino gal pals as far as Moissac...can't wait! :):D:)

I know how exciting that ‘sent’ bit is. My husband and I will be landing in Le Puy after our morning train from Lyon on the 23rd March - a tad early , but the best we could manage. The anticipation of preparing for this is so motivating. After walking From Lisbon last year in very different climatic conditions we find ourselves having lots of chats about how to tackle the cold,the need to prebook accomodation and whether we will find coffee - (or not!). France has certainly come alive for us - and I am now armed with my Ivarbrolly!! I’m ready!! Let that walk begin!

pS - Have a Great One!!

Exciting! Congratulations to all caminantes holding a plane ticket! And here I sit, thinking about my next camino . . . thinking . . . thinking . . . thinking . . . to all caminantes, que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am curious... I am also planning a start in LePuy July 1st this summer. I come from Canada was planning to fly to Lyon and bus/train to LePuy (seems like about a 2-hour bus). Why Paris? A couple of people on this thread said Paris - agreeing it is probably more attractive option than Lyon, but much further from lePuy Seems about 6hour train), no? I might consider, but curious to see why some chose this.... thanks so much!!!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I am curious... I am also planning a start in LePuy July 1st this summer. I come from Canada was planning to fly to Lyon and bus/train to LePuy (seems like about a 2-hour bus). Why Paris? A couple of people on this thread said Paris - agreeing it is probably more attractive option than Lyon, but much further from lePuy Seems about 6hour train), no? I might consider, but curious to see why some chose this.... thanks so much!!!
For me, I think it was cheaper just to fly to Paris from Chicago, but when we add in the trains, who knows what's the better deal.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I flew direct to Lyon and the short..very pleasant, train ride.

I believe that fare structure is a decision for many people depending on the departure city.

Many also want to take the opportunity to visit Paris as part of the adventure.

For me, I think it was cheaper just to fly to Paris from Chicago, but when we add in the trains, who knows what's the better deal.
OK, I see! For me, from Ottawa, Paris is about the same, actually about $25 more... So Lyon it should be... except when I think about it, never saw Paris, so could be cool. On the other hand, I don't have that much time on my hands on this trip is not so urban oriented... Paris will be another trip then ;)

Enjoy!
The Le Puy route is very different in many ways from the routes in Spain.
Be sure you have the latest copy of the MMDD to help with places to sleep and eat.
You are in for a treat.
Hi Grayland, How necessary is it to have the latest MMDO?
I walked last June from Le Puy up to Espallion until I took a tumble and left the trail but I have booked to restart again in June and was going to reuse my 2016 edition, will it be that much out of date to be a problem?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The 2016 MMDD may have missing information ..and there may have been additions or deletions to accommodation options.
But...since the common practice on the LePuy Route is to call ahead each day..you should not be caught with a closed gite.
Most other pilgrims will also be carrying the MMDD so checking for new options should be easy.

The 2016 MMDD may have missing information ..and there may have been additions or deletions to accommodation options.
But...since the common practice on the LePuy Route is to call ahead each day..you should not be caught with a closed gate.
Most other pilgrims will also be carrying the MMDD so checking for new options should be easy.
Hi there! We are in the route and currently on our way to Espalion today. Keep hold of your MMDD 2016 edition. It is now split into 2 editions now but at the Tourist centre in Nasbinals, the woman there said that the old edition was better. There’s also the Michelin guide which we bought in e Puy, which whilst simple provides a very good outline that we have found invaluable. There hasn’t been a lot of pilgrim traffic, here thus far, but it’s pretty early in the season. Ultreia!!!

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back