• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy lovers- Where is this ?-can you help me yet again

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
I realize I'm being needy, but with this question I hope others will take note of this special place. I'm going through my blog and guide book for the days out of Condom. Keep in mind coming from the US I didn't have wifi or any technology as I walked, I didn't realize until my last two weeks from Santiago that I could pay $10 a day for WIFI and use my phone. So the hike I did five years ago with five of my kids was not supported at all by technology until I was in a bar (we camped most of the way).
So we went from Condom to a church Eglise de Routges. That morning my blog states I walked through a town called Lasssevre de Haut, I remember our time there well as it was really festive with a fundraiser for a local child. Charming place. However early in our day, too early to stop we met a man working in a church. I remember loving him and enjoying our conversation however I don't know where this was, and I think there wasn't a town. He was a Camino enthusiast and one of my biggest Camino regrets was not staying there.
Here's my post from that day, a boring post, so skip down to the 80 percent point of the entry, after kiddos pictures and there is an image of the man. My credential is not helping as we had a long period of camping without a stamp.
Anyone recognize this spot?

Thank you in advance,
Neve

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Neve,
What a happy series of pics this is.

I'm a bit confused as to what you wish.
Is it;
where is the man stamping your credentials?

Perhaps this is the Sanctuaire Notre-Dame-de-Tonneteau near Gondrin.

or
Are you asking where is the chapel that he suggested for sleeping?

Enjoy your memories,
Carpe diem,
MM

Last edited:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you ladies,
My confusion is re reading my blog I clearly had 48 hours of confusion which shows in my edited entries, I think it is because we had a string of sleeping in churches and no wifi. From what I can tell, and do remember we slept at Eglise de Routges a church in the vineyards, with the small door for lepurs on the side. It was raining. I'm referencing a lively town in my blog with a notation in my blog of this lively town being called"Lasserre-de-Haut" and said that it has such a heartbeat. Now I'm not even seeing mention of this town in my book. We walked through this town after enjoying pastry and some fundraiser festivities that brought the town together (so sweet). My confusion is the rest of the day...:(
We walked through the area with the sweetest soul offering to sleep in the chapel of a building church that I honestly don't remember this being a town (I could be wrong, but my memory seems to think it was a charming place we came upon).... I reference Eauze being the typical stopping point but said "it wasn't calling my name", and I have no idea what I meant by that. I also reference a church we slept that night (so after the place I am searching for) that I think I have the wrong name on. Which isn't a huge deal but my book states the church I reference is closed but we clearly slept in it with others.
I'm going to go research your recommendation mspath with the hopes that that is it. Wherever it is it and he were so charming and a true pilgrim enthusiast through and through. My hopes are to stay at that place this trip. If I sound confused I am, it was a 48 hour gap in memory and lack of blogging that has these days very confused in my mind...
Thank you guys,

Neve,
Thanks for your update. Did you follow a GR or were you winging it?
M.

Sleuthing with credentials (we have so many from this trip, Le Puy to Santiago and six of us...we think it is Chapelle de Lamothe! Trying to get a contact number, it does not appear to be gite, and appears to be privately owned if I am reading it correctly.
If the door is open and you pass by this gentleman (assuming he is always there vs a volunteer for the day, week, month, year) was a true friend of pilgrims and very knowledgeable!
Thank you guys!
Neve

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Neve,
Thanks for your update. Did you follow a GR or were you winging it?
M.
So I thought we were following a GR- lol
I am thinking that I might have mis identified this day and that festive town.
But I do think I have found this chapel, just no way to connect to it :(
But I continue to sleuth...
Hugs,
Neve

So I thought we were following a GR- lol
I am thinking that I might have mis identified this day and that festive town.
But I do think I have found this chapel, just no way to connect to it :(
But I continue to sleuth...
Hugs,
Neve
Neve,
Where do you think it is?

Ouf! Bravo.

I trust you have seen this via your find.

Check the bottom line of the French info for an email link and telephone number for further info.

This cites by name a volunteer who greets pilgrims in the chapel.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ouf! Bravo.

I trust you have seen this via your find.

Check the bottom line of the French info for an email link and telephone number for further info.

This cites by name a volunteer who greets pilgrims in the chapel.

That is the gentleman!!!
I tried calling the number and it didn't go through. Will try again next week, as we are leaving to go camping. So excited! No doubt about it that's our guy! I hope others seek him out, he was such a friend of pilgrims, and clearly a pilgrim himself!
Thank you friends!!!!
Neve

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back