• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy planning site?

Please help the disorganized:cool:. I cannot re-find the site where you can put your starting point on the Le Puy and then your mark your stops, noting the walking distance between and the cumulative, and shows the accommodation types at that stop. I can only find the one that offers starting point and stopping points. As I will do the walk in three sections, planning is important to make sure I can start, stop for a week (and do important mom-things like go to Parents weekend at daughter's college) and resume, as well as catch transportation that gets me to Paris/Lyon/etc. airport, and back. When the Camino moves from calling to yelling, you make it happen.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
https://godesalco.com/plan/podense

The above link covers the Le Puy route from Le Puy to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. (Your post is on the Geneva to Le Puy section. I do not know of any planner that covers Geneva-Le Puy.)

Tom

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You have to first put in your starting point and finish point.
Then you may save or not (block at bottom of page).
When you "Continue" or "Enviar" to the next screen the accommodations will appear.

Tom

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Please help the disorganized:cool:. I cannot re-find the site where you can put your starting point on the Le Puy and then your mark your stops, noting the walking distance between and the cumulative, and shows the accommodation types at that stop. I can only find the one that offers starting point and stopping points. As I will do the walk in three sections, planning is important to make sure I can start, stop for a week (and do important mom-things like go to Parents weekend at daughter's college) and resume, as well as catch transportation that gets me to Paris/Lyon/etc. airport, and back. When the Camino moves from calling to yelling, you make it happen.

You could try the Miam Miam Dodo long guides. They are available as books and may be digitally. From Le Puy it is the GR65 and there are Topo Guides as well

Good Luck

A selection of Camino Jewellery
https://godesalco.com/plan/podense

The above link covers the Le Puy route from Le Puy to Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. (Your post is on the Geneva to Le Puy section. I do not know of any planner that covers Geneva-Le Puy.)

Tom
Thanks Tom,
I've walk the Camino Frances and also Portuguese , and now looking at Le Puy to SJPDP but in April next year . Would have to leave Le Puy not later than mid April , how would the weather be then
Thanks Alastair NZ

Would have to leave Le Puy not later than mid April , how would the weather be then
There likely will be some snow possible, and it may be quite rainy. I had about 25 days of rain one May!! As you approach SJPdP and are away from the mountains, it may be hot. May is a busy walking month in France, so it may be quiet as you leave in April, but you will have lots of fellow pilgrims as you get into May and its many holidays.

Would have to leave Le Puy not later than mid April
For all Le Puy walkers: please check the calendars for religious and school holidays.
Easter: 21 April 2019 (Easter is a moveable feast, so the date changes every year. Preceded by Holy Week. Many gites in France are only open from Easter to All Saints.
May Day: 1 May (legal holiday)
V-E Day: 8 May (legal holiday)
These are both fixed dates, and often become 4-day weekends or holiday weeks for walkers.
Schools: https://www.schoolholidayseurope.eu/france.html
Pentecost/Whitsunday: 9 June 2019 (Whitmonday is a legal holiday)

Holidays in France are a double-edged sword: they may generate more walkers. On the other hand, they may generate vacations (ir, closures) for the gite owners, as grandmere and grandpere go visit the grandkids.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello All! I have tried for some time without success to find information online about accommodation along the Via Gebennensis. The 'Online Guide' offered by this website doesn't cover this route...
Hi All I will walk from Geneva to St. Jean Pied de Port in late August. But I want to concentrate on the route from Geneva to Le Puy first. I have never walked in France; unfortunately, I do not...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back