• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy to Conques - Contours?

Sue M

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-Burgos(2012)Leon-Santiago(2013)Sarria- Santiago(Sept 2013),Frances (coach,2013),Le Puy-Conques(May 2014), parish pilgrimage organised for June 2015.
I will be walking from Le Puy to Conques in May and am anxious about the gradient. I have walked from SJPdP to Santiago (skipping the Meseta) and found the Brierly diagrams showing the ups and downs very useful. Is there anything similar available for le Puy to Conques? I know you can buy contour maps, but it seems you need three different ones, which makes it expensive! (£30).

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Try the Michelin Chemins de Compostellle Le Puy>Saint Jean Pied dePort #161 available at all bookstores, newspaper stands and kiosks from Le Puy to Moissac. Better maps than Miam Miam less good on lodging choices but has the topography that you are seeking.

There are similar contour maps to the ones you get in SJPP from the pilgrim office. I am pretty sure you can get them in Le Puy from the Amis de St Jacques who have offer an evening drink and friendly information etc each evening. They are also available in various tourist offices along the way. They are online as well: http://www.xacobeo.fr/ZE1.03.pro.htm
The trickiest steepest section for me- with shorter legs, was the descent from the chapel of Rochegude on the route down towards Monistrol d'Allier.
Margaret

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I will be walking from Le Puy to Conques in May and am anxious about the gradient. I have walked from SJPdP to Santiago (skipping the Meseta) and found the Brierly diagrams showing the ups and downs very useful. Is there anything similar available for le Puy to Conques? I know you can buy contour maps, but it seems you need three different ones, which makes it expensive! (£30).

Hi Sue - this is a great resource - you put in your daily itinerary and it generates elevations (amongst other things) for you for FREE :) .... hope it helps - http://www.godesalco.com/plan/podense

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back