• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le puy to Nasbinall

Sully

Hi I was meant to be walking this track with my husband but he got called back to work so I decide to continue with the walk anyway- spose I'm asking advice - will I be ok walking on my own, safe? I've got reasonable fitness and good stamina and have walked 20-25kms a day with day pack? I'm going to get bag transferred to make it a bit easier- I'm heading out of Le Puy on Sunday 15th- wouldn't mind some company to get me started at least- this was my husbands great dream to trek and looks like it's going to be mine to complete :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Don't be afraid to walk alone. I have walked alone this route some times, once all the way, and tvice in sections. This spring there were quite a lot of people on the route. If I was out of trail, which I was on purpose sometimes this spring, people I met tried to guide me the right way. If there are parts you do not want to walk alone ask other pilgrims to walk with you or take a road variant. Bonne route!
Randi, 65

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have walked this route alone twice, one in May, once in September. You will be fine, book in to Chambre d'hôtes or Gites who offer evening meals to have company in the evenings. Most people on the route are French so being able to speak some French is an advantage. I can recommend places to stay if you need this.
Bon chemin

I've walked this route alone as have some of my friends from our local pilgrim group. None of us had any problems. It is a gorgeous route and I have no doubt that I'll walk it again at some stage.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I had no problems walking this route alone and have not heard of any other women who did either.

I have walked this route alone twice, one in May, once in September. You will be fine, book in to Chambre d'hôtes or Gites who offer evening meals to have company in the evenings. Most people on the route are French so being able to speak some French is an advantage. I can recommend places to stay if you need this.
Bon chemin
Thanks, how was your weather in September , I'm anticipating cool with some rain?

Glorious sunshine every day, but a bit hot in the afternoons so I tended to leave early and walk until early afternoon. More overcast in may. Take light waterproofs just in case.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I'm on the route now and would say you'll be fine. Plenty of people to walk with or not as you choose and nothing to suggest danger in the least.

Safe .....Safe ........Safe .....walking in France,I have met so many women of all ages & nationalities walking by themselves,no worries at all :):)........Vicrev

Can you tell me if the pilgrim blessing is at 7am or 9am at the cathedral- I have had two different bits of advice- I was planning on the 7am?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back