• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy to Santiago on a motorbike

wayfarer

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2012, 2013, 2014.
I have longed and planned to walk this route for years but after a triple bypass I don't know if its possible any more, so I am thinking of doing it on a motorbike, hopefully with my wife. I have planned a route as close as possible to the existing routes and hope to do it next year if all goes to plan. (man plans, God laughs) I wonder if anyone else on this forum has done this or knows anyone who has. I would love to hear from you.

Pat

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Dear Pat
Lots of people follow the caminos on motorbikes, mopeds, motorcycles, scooters, etc. Great swarms of bikers periodically do sections of the camino together.

Because it´s a motorized transport, though, you cannot take part in the albergue system or receive the official Compostela certificate. Still, it´s a very worthwhile trip... and sleeping in albergues and getting compostelas does not a pilgrim make, no matter what they tell you!

Rebekah

Thanks Rebekah, thats good to know. I am not worried about the formalities, just to do the trip and who knows I may do a few sections on foot.

Pat

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Good on ya. With a bike you will have more time and leisure to see the sights and really soak up the atmosphere. So many of the "hardcore" never see anything but the trail ahead, alas!
Stop and see us in Moratinos as you pass by.
Reb.

Pat,

The most important "Compostela" is into your heart.

Take your own way to Compostela, enjoy it, and,

Have a ¡¡Buen Camino!!,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Just discovered this forum, and I like it
We are planning to make a trip to Compostela from Belgium in May next year.
We will do this with 2 motorbikes
All information is welcome.
We will probably make reservations in advance.
I understood there is a hotel in Compostela near the police station where you can safely store the bikes
(a biker who did this last year informed us but forgot the name of the hotel)
Can anyone inform us?
Thanks in advance

Staf

It has been a long time since I put up my original post and the latest new is that I am planning to walk the Camino with my brother who is coming from Australia in April this year. I have my flight booked to Biaritz so fingers crossed all will go well. Getting the gear ready at the moment and looking at the route. Hopefully we will say hello on our way through Moratinos.
Pat

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Glad you're well enough to have walked it Pat. Just wondering if anyone has done it on a motorbike and has any practical advice. I'm just about to ride the Four Corners of Wales having done mainland Britain last year and already thinking of next years adventure.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.