• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy to Santiago starting in april

Katia Taam

Time of past OR future Camino
Every year, since 2000. Most times portuguese camino also twice the french camiño. Two time Le Puy .
Hi there

My husband an I will begin our camino from Le Puy next april 3 . We have walked the french camino many times but always during october.
I´ve heard that when we arive at SJPP there will be thousands of pilgrims ...and it´s a litle scary :-(
As we don´t know how things will work in France we won´t be able to do reservations for the camino in Spain.
Any advice? Always if you have some Le Puy advises I´ll thank you a lot!
Katia

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Katia,

In SJPdP you can always "wing it". When you do arrive go to the Pilgrims' office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle. They can provide you with a Credential and on site lodging assistance. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09. In season the pilgrims office is open from 7h30 to 12h30 and then from 13h30 to 22h. They keep up to the minute lists of ALL available space throughout the SJPdP area, both pilgrim albergues as well as tourist accommodation.
Bon chemin and Buen camino!

MM

Last edited:
Merci MM

Katia

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
You don't need to stay in SJPP. It's a question of timing. I arrived early, lunched, walked about, stood in the Main Street saying goodbye to fellow hikers who were continuing on or spending the night, caught the train to Bayonne, and dined on seafood.

Get a Miam Maam Dodo for Le Puy to Roncesvaux. This has (nearly) all accommodation of all types listed, as well as maps.

Bon Chemin, Kia Kaha

PS; I arrive in Lyon on 2 April and move to Le Puy after a few days sight seeing. I may well catch up with both of you in the weeks ahead.

PS; I arrive in Lyon on 2 April and move to Le Puy after a few days sight seeing. I may well catch up with both of you in the weeks ahead.

We will certainly meet... we are not fast walkers :)
Thanks for your answare!!
Katia

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back