Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino de Santiago of the Canary Islands
The officially recognized Camino de Santiago on the Canary Islands!

Le Puy to SJPP blog

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

tropicbird

Past OR future Camino
CF Sept (2014)
Le Puy to Pamplona (2017)
Condom to Santiago Aug (2019)
Your blog and pics are great Lleslie. We’ve just had a bit of a nostalgic trip reading it from top to bottom. Howard and I walked the Camino Frances in Sept 2014 then the via Podiensis in Sept 2017. We didn’t stop at SJPDP but continued over the Pyrenees to Pamplona, train to Madrid and home to Oz from there. The change of vibe was amazing. I blogged In 2014 but not on the French side. It was way wetter for you by the looks. We had a couple of weeks of rain and drizzle but it was mostly dry underfoot. It was uncanny how many of the same Gîtes we stayed in but then, using MMDD I guess it’s easy to make the same choices.
We are addicted now so are heading back to do the Frances again in 3 months but will start in Condom with some friends, adding a couple of weeks to the walk. We should be walk fit by the time we hit SJPDP! Undecided whether to blog again or not.
Buen Camino!

Lleslie

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014)
Camino Via Podiensis (2018)
Thanks tropicbird, it is almost a year since we left and I'm very nostalgic and envious of you setting out again! If you blog I would love to follow along😊 It will be another couple of years before we can do another - probably the Norte I think. Yes, the gites in France were great and the food excellent. We are still walking tho having just done the Kangaroo Island Wilderness trail and are doing the Larapinta trail next month. Buen Camino/bon chemin! Linda

tropicbird

Past OR future Camino
CF Sept (2014)
Le Puy to Pamplona (2017)
Condom to Santiago Aug (2019)
We've walked on Kangaroo Island but haven't walked Larapinta yet. With the caminos, it's a hard choice for where next to walk. We looked long and hard at the Vezelay route for this year, but the facts it is so lonely, and 80% is on roadways ultimately put us off. Our first camino (CF) went by in a blur, and we frequently rue the fact that we can't remember towns and whole days (altho' we always remember the people!) - so have decided to do that one again 🤷‍♀️ Blogging, as you would be very aware, is a real commitment at the end of a long day and with a nice glass in hand🍷 and I'm not sure if I'd rather not just sit back and be a part of everything, soak it all up, and to hell with the blog! Anyhoo - here's the URL to the 2014 blog in case it is of interest:
Cheers, Carol

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 104 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads