• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Le Puy to SJPP (towns)

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi all,

It's been awhile since my last post. Hope you're all keeping safe and well. :)

I'm looking for suggestions please; what towns are a must to visit/stay between Le Puy and SJPP?

Thanks again,
Sonn
:)

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Estaing, Conques, Figeac, Cajard, Cahors, Montcuq, Moissac, Auvillar, La Romieu, Aire sur l'Adour, Navarrenx, St Palais, and Rocamadour if you do the GR6 variant. Actually the route has been walked for so long by so many they all have a meaning.
Buen camino

I can't remember from 2014 when I walked but I do remember that I never had a complaint one night wherever I stayed. Remember how good the food in the Gites are? It has been a long time since either of us walked. It will be interesting and fun to walk again.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
To @Reklaw (#2 above) I would add:

In the spirit of ANZAC note the WW1 memorials, often elaborate, in every town and village;

Le Puy-en-Velay: Cathedral sending out after the 7 am Mass and all the other stuff nearby beforehand;

Chapelle St-Roch (Roque) after Ramourouscle - first of many dedications to the patron of pilgrims to Santiago;
Sauges: the information shop in Place Fabre François, near the main entrance to the church;

Le Sauvage + 2 km on D587): note leaving headwaters of the Loire River (Haute Loire);

St-Alban-sur-Limagnole: a cute village centre;

Aumont-Aubrac: first gite, Ferme de Barry - evening communal meal with panache (April 2016);

Aumont-Aubrac + 5 km: Chapelle de Bastide in the centre of cross-roads - if open, like many others, the book of readings will be open at those for the day;

Nasbinals: community gite with large communal kitchen - good corner store opposite the church;

Cajarc: grand town centre;

Lauzerte: well worth the climb - newish buildings on the ancient town plan;

Moissac: the canal bridge over the River Tarn - Port de Moissac near town centre - Abbey - to stay I suggest http://www.lapetitelumiere.org/fr/ at the top of the hill - grands views - even grander communal meals (2016) but still the same owner/operator;

Condom: pick up the Voie Verte de l'Armagnac - the Chemin crosses about 1.5 km after the bridge - flat shared path to Gondrin - then seldom used roads to -->

Eauze: cathedral - stay at La Grange de Marie France - grand hostess with grander communal dinner (2016);

Arthez-de-Bearn: first view of the Pyrenees;

Saint-Jean: a tourist trap with many pilgrims as well.

@TravellingSonn, enjoy and Kia kaha, kia māia, kia manawanui (be strong, be brave, be patient) and get going when you can.

Most read last week in this forum

We commenced walking the Via Podiensis on Saturday 13th April 2024. We are from Australia and find it easier to bring our stuff for the Camino in a suitcase, as we have extra clothes for before...
A special thank you to Dave Whitson for his shortcuts on the GR 65. We had a beautiful day walking by the river Lot into Cahors instead of the regular route. It takes a lot of work to create...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back