• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leading a Retreat on Pilgrimage using "The Way" as an intro

Portia1

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009, Portuguese 2012
Frances 2016, 2019
I have been asked to lead a Lenten retreat on Pilgrimage. The plan is to show The Way on Friday evening with some discussion afterward about pilgrimage and the Camino in particular. Then on Saturday, to use some discussion questions to get into the meat of pilgrimage and its relationship to our journey through Lent. I have been compiling some discussion questions but wondered if any of you who have seen the film have some suggestions?

For example,

1. what might the rucksack/pack represent in your Lenten journey? How do you decide what is necessary to have with you, even vital, and what is not? If you have to carry it day in and day out, does it make a difference how much it weighs you down?

2. why do you think the Iron Cross, where you leave your stone, is not at the end of the Camino but rather a little more than half way of the distance to Santiago from SJPP? What does it mean to let go of your stone and then continue on?

3. why do you think Tom decides to walk the Camino after deriding his son's reasons for doing so? How do others influence our decisions to take risk? How does companionship influence our journey?

Thank you for your assistance!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Whether you are a pastor using portions of movies to enhance sermon points, or a Sunday School teacher, nursery or youth worker wanting to play clips or a full-length feature, unless it is being shown inside the home, the law requires that you obtain a Church Video License.

Many people do not realize that violations can result in fines up to $30,000 for each infringement. It is important to bite the bullet and make sure you are within the law by obtaining appropriate Church Video Licensing.

Though there is a small cost involved, the procedure is not difficult, nor is it very time consuming.
There are laws on using copyrighted material even for nonprofit purposes. Forum members seem to be drawn to "The Way," and may be violating the copyright in ways similar to downloading it from a piracy site. I have no dog in this hunt, but awareness is always useful!

Thanks, Falcon. Yes, we do have a license--important reminder though! It is available here locally on cable and satellite PPV.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.