• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Learn Spanish and "everything" about the Camino in Santiago

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
If you are interested in a different type of vacation, and if you have 3 weeks to spare in October, here is an idea:

The University of Santiago, run by the "International Courses" department have set up a 3 week program that include Spanish lessons, with focus on cultural and camino related topics.

For the first two weeks, there are Spanish lesson in the morning on a specific topic. Followed up with a museum visit/lecture by a university professor on that topic in the afternoon. You learn language + camino/cultural content.

The 3rd week, the whole class walks the camino from O Cebreiro. By this time you should have a very good background and knowledge of the camino and the Galician culture.

For more information, have a look at the Spanish Language + Camino de Santiago page over here.

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The link you have seems to have disappeared, Ivar, and I could not find anything related at that site. However, I found two courses that might be of interest, both on the site of the Universidade de Santiago de Compostela.

ROAD TO SANTIAGO COURSE
2 weeks, which includes 6 days on the road.
Offered over the changes of months in May-June and September-October
http://cursosinternacionais.usc.es/Temp ... 620D700%7D

HOSPITALEROS
1 week course for Hospitaleros
The first one starting soon - from 7-12 April 2013
Offered again in the Fall, 22–27 September 2013
http://cursosinternacionais.usc.es/Temp ... 6538B74%7D

Blessings! :arrow:

Most read last week in this forum

I requested a Mass to be offered with the botafumerio from the Cathederal for May 27th. Here is the update from the Cathederal: “We are contacting you to inform you that unfortunately the...
Does Ivan's place close for siesta or dinner? Trying to sort how to get my stored luggage and I know places close in Spain even when their doors say the hours they are open. Are we supposed to...
Anyone from the forum working in the Pilgrim’s Office May 1-14? We’ll be walking two Caminos and will say hi if you are!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back