• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Learning about Spain Hiking

PhilHiker

Hello everyone. These posts have been very helpful to read. I'm planning a two week trip July to hike in Spain. I was wondering if there are any good two week treks starting from Madrid and ending me in another city that is easy to fly out of.

Also a few random questions about hiking in Spain:
1. Are most of the nights spent sleeping on the ground, or are there hostels and people who will take you in for the night?
2. How much should I budget for food and lodging each day?
3. Are there insects and mosquitoes in Spain during the summer?
4. Around Madrid, are there many mountain ranges I will be hiking through, or is more flat hiking?
5. Is it easy to get from the Madrid airport to the beginning of a hiking trail?
6. Are the trails well marked and easy to follow?

Thanks so much for taking time to answer. I've done a lot of hiking but in other countries so I just wanted to understand a few basic questions.

-Phil

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back