• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving bag

yulkapics

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi all, we are planning to do a section from Irun to Bilbao in July. We will arrive via Madrid and then take a train to San Sebastián OR Bilbao. I am looking for a way to store our bag we will need for later in the holiday - it could be in Madrid or Bilbao or San Sebastián. What would be your advice to go about this? I was thinking of staying in the same hotel at the start/end of trip and then asking them to store the bag. What would you recommend? Thank you!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yulkapics,

Welcome to the Forum. Your idea about asking a hotel to store your luggage seems most appropriate. However do ask before you reserve; you might email your request. Larger hotels often have special luggage storage rooms.

Whenever/wherever you do go Buen camino.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A Muslim saying is "trust in God but tie up your camel". In Christianity Mark 10:16. "I am sending you out amongst wolves. Be as innocent as doves but as wise as serpents". Both are the same, in modern parlance "be kind and open but don't be an idiot, look after your things"

Last edited:
Has something happened with your luggage or general advice? I mean I would not be leaving money or iPads, just personal stuff which I would hate to go missing tho!
I used a bag moving company a few times due to a long term back problem. At least twice my rucksack had been gone through. Fortunately I did not leave my valuables in it.

I used a bag moving company a few times due to a long term back problem. At least twice my rucksack had been gone through. Fortunately I did not leave my valuables in it.

A small lock wherever you can seal compartments is always a good idea

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I left a bag of clothes in a hostel in Bilbao. No problem.Bilbao is a good location for transport links so would maybe be a good choice

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did that while in Santander (further along the Norte). We stayed the first night at Hotel Abba, that kindly kept our suitcase for 4 days while we walked. Then we returned to Santander for 1 more day before our flight out.

They agreed to keep our bag because we stayed there before and after the walk. I checked with them before travelling, and everything went well (but I did lock my suitcase with a small padlock!).

Hey all - we walked a small section of Camino - San Sebastian to Deba with my daughter in the beginning of July. We took 5 days to go slowly, have time to have fun/explore and take it all in. About the bag with things we did not need for the Camino - we left it at the hostel Room with a View in San Sebastian where we stay at the beginning and at the end (we took a bus back from our endpoint in Deba). They said they would not usually offer it as a service, but did in our case - worth asking nicely as they have two storage rooms, so hopefully not so much hassle for them. If you are not making a loop, this Camino bag delivery service looks really good - you can add places as you go before 9pm each day, and also if you want to skip a bag delivery, you can put a rest day and add your next destination (has to be within 60km from previous) https://www.elcaminoconcorreos.com/en/services. Hope this helps. Buen Camino!!!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I walked the Le Puy to Roncesvalles route last spring, and now I am thinking of Arles to Compostela on the Norte in the fall. I have many questions. I have downloaded the WP Norte App. I...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.