• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving Conques by taxi?

JimmyH

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2015, 2016; Chemin de Jacques 2016; Via de la Plata / Camino Sanabres 2017.
Hi everyone, have asked this in another semi-related thread but getting no answers so will start a new thread!

I am finishing my camino from Le-Puy somewhere around about Estaing or Senergues (or even Conques if I feel incredibly energetic) but then I have to get to Rodez (or some other major train station) to get a train to Narbonne.

So is taxi the only way to get from Estaing or Senergues or Conques to Rodez? And, if so, how do I book it in advance (presuming I should do that?)

Or are there "camino" buses to Rodez from Conques?

Many thanks in advance!
Jim from Australia

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I did not find a rail to Rodez; I suspect taxi or bus will be the way to go.

To get from Rodez to Narbonne you can catch the 2:35 p.m. to Toulouse arriving at 4:41. The 4:58 from Toulouse to Narbonne arriving at 6:28 p.m. That is a very tight window, but I think you will make it.

Gives you plenty of time to visit the Gothic cathedral in Rodez, Notre Dame. It is a great little town. I was there some 40 years ago; it used to have many retired Religious.

Narbonne is a nice little city also. Enjoy yourself.

At the next Gite you stay at, talk to the owner and ask about scheduling a taxi or taking the bus. It is about a 45 minute ride from Conques to Rodez.

Since you haven't gotten many responses, I'll weigh in with my experience, which is more than 10 years old. When I stopped walking in Conques, we were able to hop on a school bus that went to Rodez, where we got a train to Toulouse. The bus doubles as school transport and public transport, and it left Conques early in the morning. My bet is that if it's not still operating, something else has taken its place. We just showed up and waited with the school kids, no need then for a reservation. Buen camino, Laurie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Last edited:
I was in Conques in 2014 and the folks at Tourist Information office had information about rides/transport service.

I arrived in Conques yesterday and had to get to Rodez to catch a train this morning (on it now, thankfully). It was a public holiday so there were no buses but the hospitalero at the gîte mentioned the school bus. It goes early in the morning.
I got the Lample taxi, about 45 minutes to Rodez. Cost 85€.
Another option is the http://www.lamallepostale.com/
service, a fleet of minibuses which takes baggage and people up and down the Chemin Le Puy. You can go to the nearest town with a station, eg. Decazeville, then take a train to Rodez.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Since you haven't gotten many responses, I'll weigh in with my experience, which is more than 10 years old. When I stopped walking in Conques, we were able to hop on a school bus that went to Rodez, where we got a train to Toulouse. The bus doubles as school transport and public transport, and it left Conques early in the morning. My bet is that if it's not still operating, something else has taken its place. We just showed up and waited with the school kids, no need then for a reservation. Buen camino, Laurie

merci Laurie ! that sounds like a good plan – except I need to do Conques to rode on a Saturday!! :-(

Thank you everyone for all the very useful replies so far!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...
Hi All, My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Camino Primitivo. I'll be honest here; I'm not entirely sure how far we'll get, but Caminoways says that the entire route can be done in 15...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back