Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Leaving from Ponferrada

Geoffrey Davies

I will be traveling from Madrid to Ponterrada and walking about 12 miles that day. I want to make the most of my time in Ponferrada - can anyone tell me whar I can get my credentials stamped in Ponferrada. Thank You

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Camino walkers love this gripping, intriguing, mystery with history novel.

Deirdre

Past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Hello Geoffrey,
You can get your credencial stamped at the Templar castle, or at the Basilica (I believe, if I recall correctly). I think some of the bars and restaurants in Ponferrada have sellos as well.
After leaving Ponferrad there are no albergues until you get to Cacabelos which is a great walk - some lovely churches (check to see if they are open) and some nice vinyards. Also some terriffic places to visit in Cacabelos.... a bodega, old church that is a museum, the river and great restaurants.
Buen Camino!

Deirdre

Past OR future Camino
Camino Francés (2007), Camino Francés (2008), Camino Portugués (2010), Camino Aragonés - from Lourdes (2012)
Oh course! Duh!
I didnt' stay there, so I didn't even think about that one! Rebekah has been hospitalera there so she could comment on that as well!
Buen Camino,

Javier Martin

Veteran Member
viajero said:
The albergue in Ponferrada also has credenciales and sellos available.

I agree, albergues in all big cities as Ponferrada are beginning points for many pilgrims so they use to have credenciales.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads