• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Leaving from Ponferrada

Geoffrey Davies

I will be traveling from Madrid to Ponterrada and walking about 12 miles that day. I want to make the most of my time in Ponferrada - can anyone tell me whar I can get my credentials stamped in Ponferrada. Thank You

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hello Geoffrey,
You can get your credencial stamped at the Templar castle, or at the Basilica (I believe, if I recall correctly). I think some of the bars and restaurants in Ponferrada have sellos as well.
After leaving Ponferrad there are no albergues until you get to Cacabelos which is a great walk - some lovely churches (check to see if they are open) and some nice vinyards. Also some terriffic places to visit in Cacabelos.... a bodega, old church that is a museum, the river and great restaurants.
Buen Camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Oh course! Duh!
I didnt' stay there, so I didn't even think about that one! Rebekah has been hospitalera there so she could comment on that as well!
Buen Camino,

viajero said:
The albergue in Ponferrada also has credenciales and sellos available.

I agree, albergues in all big cities as Ponferrada are beginning points for many pilgrims so they use to have credenciales.

Buen Camino,

Javier Martin
Madrid, Spain.

Back