• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving in 3 weeks!

lightup25

Time of past OR future Camino
(2013)
I've finally decided to show my face after lurking around the past couple of months to gather some much needed advice. I want to say hi and thank you to everyone for providing so much valuable advice, experience, and some hilarious entertainment! I'll be flying from Toronto to Paris in exactly three weeks and getting to SJPP on April 18 to start walking the next day. My feelings have been regularly fluctuating between extremely excited to super nervous, but overall I feel like I'm ready for it (this will probably change about 5km into the walk :lol: ). Hopefully I'll run into some of you in a few weeks!

Daniel

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
I will be one day behind you so look out for the badge on my backpack. Im getting butterflies in my tummy every time i think about it which is pretty much every waking hour! :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi Daniel, we'll be in SJPDP on the 18th as well. Look out for 2 Aussie girls.

Awesome! I can't wait to start. Trish, I think about it all the time too. I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessing about it.

Daniel,

i will be a couple of days ahead of you however we may meet as I am scheduling a rest day every week.

Look for the Forum patch on my pack plus the Aussie flag!!

Melbrob

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
We will also be on the camino around the same time. Leaving Melbourne 18 April, arriving in SJDP 21April, and setting out the following day. Like everyone, we are super excited, amongst other emotions. Looking forward the journey and meeting new friends. Can''t believe we are finally down to 3 weeks. Woohoo...
Buen camino.

Lex and Judy.

i leave a day after you! my plan is leavine sjpdp on the 20th to Orisson. i will have a canadian pilgrim patch on my bag. perhaps we'll run into each other - buen camino!

-T

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
-T
I will be staying in Orisson on the 20th April too :) fingers crossed that the weather is in our favour. See you there.
Trish

Looks like a lot of you will have some kind of a pilgrim patch. Keep an eye out for my blue and purple backpack with a canadian flag as well. Hope to see some of you there, and if not, have a great trip!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Hi Trish and Daniel,

Oops. I got my dates mixed up :oops: There's a good start to this trip, lol. I’ll be arriving in SJPDP on the 20th in the evening. I will be at Orisson on the 21st. So I’m one day behind you! We might still run across each other!

-T

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
And I'll be seven days behind - like yourself really getting nervous but very excited, just want to do it now after all this time it being in my head :D

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.