A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Leaving in one week!

I can't believe we are leaving in one week. We have been planning the trip for 6 months and now it is suddenly around the corner. We are quite prepared in terms of equipment, and it is likely to be fairly easy (biking)... what I am not happy about is the reports of the huge crowds on the CF, especially if they are German. I don't mean to be offensive, but I have plenty of experience of large groups of German tourists in Prague, and although I assume it will not be the same sort, I can imagine what they are like to some extent. Pity. Oh well, nothing to do but exercise tolerance I suppose.
However, our decision to take a tent seems to be a good one, as bikers get last priority in albergues, and if they are full at noon, we wouldn't have a chance. We might try some of the very small, remote ones where people are less likely to stop...
Goodness. Well, here it comes!

Advertisment

marktqm

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2006)
Klarita,

These will be German *pilgrims* you will encounter, not necessarily the same kind as the tourists you have known. And they will not be in groups but mostly alone or in pairs. No need to worry.

If you can speak Spanish, they will appreciate you helping them out. I found very few Germans (and French) on the camino who can speak basic Castellano.

Mark

spanish

Yes, I have been taking lessons for a year, and I can communicate on a relatively reasonable level. Nothing brilliant, but I'm hoping 3 weeks in spain will help me out.

Hola

Hola! Gracias! Creo que el Camino sera una experiencia muy interesante. Tengo una pregunta. Sabes donde hay una tienda con libros en Pamplona? Quiero comprar un guio (edicion Everest) pero no se donde. Si possible, en el centro de la ciudad. Llegaremos a Roncesvalles el lunes, 4 junio.
Te gusto Praga?
Klarita

Advertisment

!!!!!!!

OMG, we are leaving in two sleeps! I can't believe it. I've been kept busy by a visit from my godparents, we have been touring and I haven't been thinking about the Camino. Now I am. I'm getting a little bit scared. Last things to be done.... oh goodness. :?

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 18 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 67 17.0%
  • May

Votes: 104 26.4%
  • June