Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Leaving in one week!

klarita

I can't believe we are leaving in one week. We have been planning the trip for 6 months and now it is suddenly around the corner. We are quite prepared in terms of equipment, and it is likely to be fairly easy (biking)... what I am not happy about is the reports of the huge crowds on the CF, especially if they are German. I don't mean to be offensive, but I have plenty of experience of large groups of German tourists in Prague, and although I assume it will not be the same sort, I can imagine what they are like to some extent. Pity. Oh well, nothing to do but exercise tolerance I suppose.
However, our decision to take a tent seems to be a good one, as bikers get last priority in albergues, and if they are full at noon, we wouldn't have a chance. We might try some of the very small, remote ones where people are less likely to stop...
Goodness. Well, here it comes!

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

marktqm

Past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2006)
Klarita,

These will be German *pilgrims* you will encounter, not necessarily the same kind as the tourists you have known. And they will not be in groups but mostly alone or in pairs. No need to worry.

If you can speak Spanish, they will appreciate you helping them out. I found very few Germans (and French) on the camino who can speak basic Castellano.

Mark

klarita

spanish

Yes, I have been taking lessons for a year, and I can communicate on a relatively reasonable level. Nothing brilliant, but I'm hoping 3 weeks in spain will help me out.

klarita

Hola

Hola! Gracias! Creo que el Camino sera una experiencia muy interesante. Tengo una pregunta. Sabes donde hay una tienda con libros en Pamplona? Quiero comprar un guio (edicion Everest) pero no se donde. Si possible, en el centro de la ciudad. Llegaremos a Roncesvalles el lunes, 4 junio.
Te gusto Praga?
Klarita

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

klarita

!!!!!!!

OMG, we are leaving in two sleeps! I can't believe it. I've been kept busy by a visit from my godparents, we have been touring and I haven't been thinking about the Camino. Now I am. I'm getting a little bit scared. Last things to be done.... oh goodness. :?

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads