• Some parts of the forum are not loading as they should. We are working on it.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Leaving luggage in Paris

Karen C.

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2017
Is it possible to leave your excess luggage at the hotel you arrive at in Paris while you walk the camino, assuming you are returning to stay there at the end, on your way home?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Karen you needn't limit yourself to Paris. We took the train to Bordeaux and stayed a few days in a B&B either side of our Camino. Our most gracious host minded our main luggage and wouldn't accept any payment for this service. I found Bordeaux far more relaxing than Paris but there are also many options in Paris if that's what you decide.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
One time, I stored my baggage at CDG Airport in Paris for 1 day. I organised my flights so that I had a full day off between connecting flights. I trained it into Paris for lunch, a walk, and a coffee. This temp storage cost me a lot of money. Don't do it this way.

Presumably, you'll be away from Paris for about a month. My guess is it will cost you a lot of money if you use the hotel for storage. Try to find a user-friendly, less mainstream solution. Try a large train station - there are (I think) 4 biggies in Paris but I'm not sure about longterm storage there. Cumbersome but less financially painful, is my guess - you might be able to rent a locker by the month.

It might be too inconvenient for you to double back to your Camino start point on your way to Paris from (?) Santiago. Wokabout_Meri has offered some solutions. I'd contact her.

Back