• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving Porto Tuesday April 8th

GerFol

Time of past OR future Camino
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018. Camino Frances
2014. Camino Portaguese
2016. Camino Primitivo
I'm doing my first Camino Portaguese beginning Tuesday April 8th from Porto. Anybody else starting out around this time?

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I'm starting April 8 from Matosinhos, Porto - going coastal up to Vila de Conde, then cutting in to Barcelos. Walking with a group. Hope to see you!

Bill Bennett

Last edited by a moderator:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm starting April 8 from Matosinhos, Porto - going coastal up to Vila de Conde, then cutting in to Barcelos. Walking with a group. Hope to see you!

Bill Bennett
Nice to read your blog Bill and enjoyed reading of Pepe in Padrón. We were there last year for breakfast and had the same experiences. Good laughs

I will follow your blog

In Matosinhos is a great hostal, hostal Central.
Not far from the bridge at metrostop Mercado where the coastal detour to Vila do Conde starts

If you are able to walk from Porto Sé cathedral alongside the Douro river and the ocean side to Matosinhos, do it ! It is worthwhile.
And being in or around Porto ask for the famous dish "Francesinha ". Very tasty .

Bom caminho

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to read your blog Bill and enjoyed reading of Pepe in Padrón. We were there last year for breakfast and had the same experiences. Good laughs

I will follow your blog

In Matosinhos is a great hostal, hostal Central.
Not far from the bridge at metrostop Mercado where the coastal detour to Vila do Conde starts

If you are able to walk from Porto Sé cathedral alongside the Douro river and the ocean side to Matosinhos, do it ! It is worthwhile.
And being in or around Porto ask for the famous dish "Francesinha ". Very tasty .

Bom caminho
Thank you Albertinho! We are staying at the Porto Mar - there will be 11 of us in total walking to Santiago. We are several Australians, a couple of Americans, and one lady from Basque. We should not be hard to miss!

Hope to see you along The Way!

Bill

I hope to start from Porto around 2nd July.

Bom caminho

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you Albertinho! We are staying at the Porto Mar - there will be 11 of us in total walking to Santiago. We are several Australians, a couple of Americans, and one lady from Basque. We should not be hard to miss!

Bill
Enjoy it. The Portugese is great Bill. My wife and I did it last year from Lisbon
http://nel-en-albert-op-pelgrimreis.reismee.nl. Our blog in Dutch but gives an idea and google translate can do something. If you start at the last page and scroll back you'll see what our adventures were in Portugal and Spain.

We are considering to walk again from Porto next year, following the coast all away to Vigo.

Now we are coming to Galicia beginning of May next and start walking in the north at Ferrol called the camino Inglès
We will leave our car and caravan in Ferrol and after ending in Santiago we will return to Ferrol and from there we will start our vacation in Portugal, camping.

Bom caminho outra vez

Bill
Oh yes and I forgot to tell or maybe you have read it many times on this forum

Do not forget to sleep at casa Fernanda. The best caminho Portuges experience for pilgrims
Casa Fernanda is in Vitorino do Piaes between Barcelos and Ponte de Lima.
Here you will meet the real pilgrim spirit. The people Fernanda and her husband Jacintho take up to 18 pilgrims in their house and gardenhouse, lunch,diner and breakfast and a lot of joy.
Do not miss it. It Is all donativo. Give them a ring on forehand if you come with a group. It can be busy there. Lovely people to meet.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back