• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving Seville 14 September 2016

mistermac

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2013, 2019 [from Sahagun]
CP 2015
VdlP/Sanabres 2016/2017
Camino de Madrid Sept 2018/2019
I shall be setting off from Seville on 14th September, travelling with terryvinet, and am interested in contacting other pilgrims starting the VldP around that time.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
From the mild autumnal beauty of the Downs at the top of the range I'll be stepping out from Seville on September 5, but if an osteoarthritic knee slows me down and your pace is brisker then perhaps our paths will coalesce at some point along the way!

21st for me so I suspect you'll be well ahead of us... Time is passing quickly now... Have a great walk!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Planning beginning of September, but probably walking slowly so you might catch up :)

Leaving from Sevilla 12 september, but slow walker so we might very well meet.

Buen camino
Miguel

From the mild autumnal beauty of the Downs at the top of the range I'll be stepping out from Seville on September 5, but if an osteoarthritic knee slows me down and your pace is brisker then perhaps our paths will coalesce at some point along the way!
A beautiful part of the world to be sure. I hope to make a visit to the Darling Downs before my camino. I have knee issues myself and will be taking one day at a time; but I hope we meet up at some stage. Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
21st for me so I suspect you'll be well ahead of us... Time is passing quickly now... Have a great walk!
Well you never know how things might play out. Buen Camino!

Planning beginning of September, but probably walking slowly so you might catch up :)
Perhaps I will Susan, but I won't be setting any speed records myself. Whatever, I hope you have a great experience. Buen Camino!

Leaving from Sevilla 12 september, but slow walker so we might very well meet.

Buen camino
Miguel
I think there's a good chance of that, Miguel. I like to "stop and smell the roses" and take plenty of rest days. Buen Camino!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
My wife and i are departing late august, Very early September . Seems like there'll be a few folks ambling along :)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
My wife and i are departing late august, Very early September . Seems like there'll be a few folks ambling along :)
It should still be pretty hot then, and we will all be ambling. Buen Camino !

Planning to fly into Barcelona September 15, and then to Seville that day or the next? Hopefully will start soon after that? I am still fairly new to the site and after posting questions about the Camino out of Barcelona recieved great advice about the VDLP and just recently decided to trek the VDLP at the last minute. I am still in the planning stage and have to figure where to go to start and stay in Seville. Hopefully I'll see you!

Hi @ted, you will love the VdlP (I hope :)).
It’s really not necessary to have a guidebook - it’s well marked. You can download a wonderful accommodation list in the ‘resource’ section on this site (by @jirit and reguarly updated).
If you stay centrally in Seville (near the cathedral) you can then start your camino from there.

You can get a credencial in Seville from Hotel Simon (50m from the Cathedral)

or from the Pilgrim association 'Amigos del Camino de Santiago' C/ Castilla nº 82, Local. 41010 SEVILLA, Tel. 95 4335274 or 696600602 email: viaplata@viaplata.org or sevilla@viaplata.orghttp://www.viaplata.org
They are on the righthand side of the street at number 82 on the ground floor, first door on your left. They were only open from 7-9pm April to October last time I was there but these times may have changed.
They also sell a guidebook in English with maps (unfortunately quite heavy and cumbersome)

If you speak Spanish this is also a great site (updated May 2016) http://www.godesalco.com/camino/plata

Have fun Ted and please get in touch via PM if you have any specific queries.
Buen Camino, Grace

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you Grace. Those are the type of answers to the many questions I have. I have a lot more questions, so the more advice I get, the better.

I just finished the Camino Francis from SJPDP at the end of June with my daughter and had such a great experience that I couldn't wait to start another.

Looks like I'll be in good company on the VDLP.

Last edited:
Planning to fly into Barcelona September 15, and then to Seville that day or the next? Hopefully will start soon after that? I am still fairly new to the site and after posting questions about the Camino out of Barcelona recieved great advice about the VDLP and just recently decided to trek the VDLP at the last minute. I am still in the planning stage and have to figure where to go to start and stay in Seville. Hopefully I'll see you!
Hi Ted. It sounds like you will be only one or two days behind us in starting. It's quite possible you will run across Terry and me in the early stages. If you have just finished the CF you will be still quite fit so you may overtake us. Whatever, I hope you have a great journey. Buen Camino!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back