• Update: The images and attachemnets are now back, we are generating new thumbnails.... (this takes time with 20 years of photos). I know the notification icon gives an error. That error should be gone within an hour or two. Sorry again! Ivar
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving Seville Hostel Triana on 30th April 2015

Sydneycoastalwalker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2013)
Via de la Plata (2015)
Hi!

Just wondering if anyone else is planning to start VDLP around the same time? I'll be arriving in Seville on 28th, and staying at Hostel Triana for two nights and heading off on 30th of April.

Cheers
Michelle

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi, Michelle,
Oh, you've picked an absolutely wonderful time of year to walk this route. I have started twice from Sevilla, once in mid April, once on May 2. Springtime in southern Spain is beautiful, everything green, babbling brooks (with maybe a water crossing or two to spice things up!), and fields and fields of wildflowers. Unless numbers have increased a lot, which I don't think they have, you will have just the right amount of pilgrims usually, not too many, never alone in albergues. Wishing you a very buen camino, Laurie

Michelle,

I'm planning to arrive Seville on 29th and probably start on the 30th but I have not booked either my flight or the albergue yet. I'm trying to keep and eye on the weather situation in case we have another cold spring in which case I may postpone for a couple of weeks.

I'll probably book the Triana for my first night but the rest of the trip will be free form.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi!

Just wondering if anyone else is planning to start VDLP around the same time? I'll be arriving in Seville on 28th, and staying at Hostel Triana for two nights and heading off on 30th of April.

Cheers
Michelle
Hi Michelle - yes I'm leaving on the same date - arriving on 28th and plan two nights in Seville and start walking on the 30th. I planned to do this last year but had to cancel at the last minute.
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
Thanks for letting me know that is great. I'm staying at Triana. Are you interested in meeting up in Seville?

Hi Michelle - yes I'm leaving on the same date - arriving on 28th and plan two nights in Seville and start walking on the 30th. I planned to do this last year but had to cancel at the last minute.
Tommy

Michelle,

I'm planning to arrive Seville on 29th and probably start on the 30th but I have not booked either my flight or the albergue yet. I'm trying to keep and eye on the weather situation in case we have another cold spring in which case I may postpone for a couple of weeks.

I'll probably book the Triana for my first night but the rest of the trip will be free form.
Thanks Houlet! I'll be at Triana too for my first two nights and then free form from there too. Let me know if you wish to meet up at Triana. Looks like there may be a few of us planning to start on the 30th!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, Michelle,
Oh, you've picked an absolutely wonderful time of year to walk this route. I have started twice from Sevilla, once in mid April, once on May 2. Springtime in southern Spain is beautiful, everything green, babbling brooks (with maybe a water crossing or two to spice things up!), and fields and fields of wildflowers. Unless numbers have increased a lot, which I don't think they have, you will have just the right amount of pilgrims usually, not too many, never alone in albergues. Wishing you a very buen camino, Laurie
Laurie! Thank you so much for your post. I felt very encouraged and inspired by it. I loved Camino Frances in the spring and was thinking that maybe Via de la Plata would be dull in comparison. Nice to know there will be a few other pilgrims too! I really enjoyed meeting people from all over the world when I was on Camino Frances.

That would be good, I'll keep in touch once my plans are sorted.

Hi!

Cheers
Michelle
Good evening i have booked into the Hostel Triana on the 28th,April i am starting the VDLP on the 29th, i did the Camino France in 2013 i am Irish but live part of the time in Alicante and part of the time in Stockport,i have booked a flight from Alicanteam 29th it would be nice to meet some one from Sydney i lived there many moons ago all the very best Dona pepa

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Hi!

Cheers
Michelle
Hi Michelle you will love the VDLP, I did it two years ago, and I am returning but mid-april.
Much quieter than the commercial Camino Francis, good albergues and not much in between except nice scenery.
I walked in in August, too hot for many people who dropped out, so I had the Albergues mostly to myself, and to be honest I preferred the solitude, no snoring and fighting over a clothes-line ha ha!!!
Buen camino :) Colin Scotland

Of the Spanish routes that I have walked the Via de la Plata is my favourite. Nice mix of countryside, enough people and not too many, not expensive. Triana is a nice place to start, there are some nice fish tapa places nearby. I have walked this route a few time also doing the Mozarabe from Granada and I always felt a relaxed atmosphere, people doing their own thing rather than follow the herd. Have many picnics each day eat the lovely dried ham from the black pigs. Many times people use the term "that the journey is the important thing not the destination" I find this very true of the Via de la Plata. That said I always find that phrase amusing in relation to the Camino, seeing it is the Tomb of St. James is the primary purpose for so many. I am off on tangents. Just enjoy and go on your own few tangents.
Dermot

Of the Spanish routes that I have walked the Via de la Plata is my favourite. Nice mix of countryside, enough people and not too many, not expensive. Triana is a nice place to start, there are some nice fish tapa places nearby. I have walked this route a few time also doing the Mozarabe from Granada and I always felt a relaxed atmosphere, people doing their own thing rather than follow the herd. Have many picnics each day eat the lovely dried ham from the black pigs. Many times people use the term "that the journey is the important thing not the destination" I find this very true of the Via de la Plata. That said I always find that phrase amusing in relation to the Camino, seeing it is the Tomb of St. James is the primary purpose for so many. I am off on tangents. Just enjoy and go on your own few tangents.
Dermot

Hi Tommy,
Thanks for letting me know that is great. I'm staying at Triana. Are you interested in meeting up in Seville?
Hi Michelle sorry for not answering sooner. I too will be staying in the Triana on the 28th and 29th love to meet up and compare notes. I plan to start walking on the 30th. See you on the 28th Tommy

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Michelle and Tommy, I now arrive at Triana on 28th and will either start walking, and walking, and...walking on 29th or 30th too.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back