A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Leaving St. Jean

steveNY

Camino(s) past & future
plan to walk Nov (2016)
I get into Biarritz late and leave to st. Jean as early as possible the following morning.

If I start the Camino say around 930am, the same day i arrive is it still possible to make it to Roncevaux?

Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
If you can give yourself a night in SJPP. Sometimes folks want to blast off asap. But, one rest day before you head out is nice. It gives you a chance to calm down, meet a few pilgrims, and tour SJPP.

Yes, you can do it in one day, over Pyrenees or Valcarlos route.

Buen camino whatever you decide.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino frances 2013 - Camino Portugues 2014 - Camino frances 2016
If you can give yourself a night in SJPP. Sometimes folks want to blast off asap. But, one rest day before you head out is nice. It gives you a chance to calm down, meet a few pilgrims, and tour SJPP.

Yes, you can do it in one day, over Pyrenees or Valcarlos route.

Buen camino whatever you decide.
Exactly -

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
Yes, it can be done, but as others have already recommended, you will be arriving late which probably would not give you enough time to do your laundry, eat and get a full nights rest.
Stage 1 is tough mentally and physically any time of year and should be started early in the day.

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Nearly every year since 2006, often walking more than one route. 2018 will be Camino #14.
I get into Biarritz late and leave to st. Jean as early as possible the following morning.

If I start the Camino say around 930am, the same day i arrive is it still possible to make it to Roncevaux?
You might make it but arriving late could mean you will not get a bed.

OLDER threads on this topic

Most read today

Live - Camino Ingles Camino Ingles- accommodations
Replies
Views

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement
Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 33 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 107 14.6%
  • May

Votes: 179 24.5%