Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Leaving Tomorrow- Coastal or Inland

Nyree Naina

Year of past OR future Camino
Frances
Shikoku
Assisi
Gangotri
I’m here in Porto, leaving tomorrow. I still haven’t decided on either the coastal or inland route. I’m keen on other pilgrims on the road and of course beauty, anyone have a suggestion? Anyone else also walking from Porto soon? Thanks, Naina

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
I walk in three weeks and chose the inland route for a variety of smaller reasons, but mainly because it’s the historic route and I have plenty of opportunity to walk the coast at home. If neither of those are important to you, I've heard the coast is spectacular. Buen Camino! (Your next decision will be the Spiritual Variant or not!🤔)

Nyree Naina

Frances
Shikoku
Assisi
Gangotri
Thank you. I keep oscillating!! There’s a shell marker on the Calle outside my hostel, I’m tempted to just follow it and see which path I end up on!

Derrybiketours

A journey of 500 miles begins with one step!
SJPdeP-FIN(09/2018)
PORTO-SANT(11/2018)
Caminho Da Fe(01/2019)
SJPdeP- SANT(09/2019)
Madrid(7/2020)
I attempted to walk the CP coastal route in 2018 and used the sea as a marker. It wasn't easy because despite how often I tried all roads led to Santiago on the central route. Why choose! 🤠

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Ducks

Walking for 3
Camino Portugese (2020)
Camino Frances (2021)
I’m here in Porto, leaving tomorrow. I still haven’t decided on either the coastal or inland route. I’m keen on other pilgrims on the road and of course beauty, anyone have a suggestion? Anyone else also walking from Porto soon? Thanks, Naina
Hi, I am walking the coastal from Porto, starting Wednesday. Slow Camino so I doubt we will catch up with you. Buen Camino and enjoy

pitztop

Solvitur ambulando
I walked the costal route last year (including the Spiritual route) and loved it! I have not walked the inland route so I can't compare the two. If you do decide to walk the coastal route, don't make the same mistake I did by walking in sandals on the beach and then continuing for the rest of the day in them (without socks) on the cobblestone roads. I developed the worst blisters of my life and suffered for the rest of my camino. This was totally my fault and my suffering could have been easily avoided. I'm sure you will enjoy whichever way you decide to go.

Bradypus

Staff member
Too many and too often!
If having company of other pilgrims is important to you then the inland route might be better - three times as many pilgrims chose that last year compared with the coastal route. Though the coastal path is growing in popularity very fast.

Camino Jewellery
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

leicoppes

camino frances2013 camino primtivo2015 camino portugues2017 Camino Ingle2018 Camino del Norte2019
Thank you everyone and the forum. I’ve gone inland ❤🚶‍♂️
Don’t forget to go to the alberque in SAN Pedro de Rates!!It is just great!!!!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads