A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Leaving tonight... last minute questions

Hi,

I can't believe I'm leaving tonight... wow, how time flies!
I'm packing my new 55 litres backpack, and noticed that I don't have a map.

:shock:

Can I buy a map from Pamplona, do I need one?
I only have a booklet from Confraternity of Saint James (Camino Frances 2007), but nothing else.

I guess I'll have millions of other questions later today, just wanted to warm up with this one... :wink:

Getting a bit nervous, you see.

Jonella

Advertisment

Trudy

Camino(s) past & future
(2006) Roncesvalles to Leon (2007) Leon to Compostela
Hi Jonella, you won't need a map. Just follow the yellow arrows and you'll be fine.

Last minute nerves are normal, and once you start walking this will all disappear.

Buen Camino.

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Last Post

Have a wonderful walk. The Navarre news reports that over 250 pilgrims have made use of the albergues in Pamplona already this year so I don't think you will alone if you need company. There will be many other nervous pilgrims just like you so lend a helping hand to another lonely pilgrim.
Keep warm and if you have to walk on the road, keep to the left facing the oncoming traffic.
112 is the Europe-wide emergency number. It works even if you have no money in a pre-paid mobile phone or even if your supplier has no network. It works 24/7 365 days - and the operators speak many languages.
The number for the Guardia Civil in Spain is 062.
When you want to send an email and the keyboard is different, remember that Alt+64 makes the @ sign on pc’s.
Be safe and let us all know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

Can I buy a map from Pamplona, do I need one? I guess I'll have millions of other questions later today...Getting a bit nervous, you see.
You should be able to get maps in Pamplona. There is no Camino that is PERFECTLY signalled, there are always paths that lack them. Arrows are not always on roads. There's so much that Camino-related associations + other entities can do in putting and keeping them up...I would suggest getting a guide book, too.

Ask away all u want, that's what we're here for!

Nevous :?: :?: :?: :) :) :) , sounds familiar. + excited, 2, I'll bet. Normal. Embrace the feeling, it's such a healthy rush :!:

Yes, keep us posted as you can.

Buen Camino peregrina :arrow:

xm 8)

Thanks!

Thank you for the encouragement!

I'm almost done with my pack, don't want to weight it though...
I will propably buy a map, if I find a small one from Pamplona, it makes me feel safer (eventhough I'm so bad with the maps...).

Thank you and warm hugs to all of you.
Greetings from Finland,

Jonella

ps. My backpack is 9 kilos... I'm surprised I got it under 10 kilos. I guess I'll live with it.

Advertisment

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%