A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Leaving Toulouse tomorrow

falcon269

no commercial interests
Camino(s) past & future
yes
Having finished the Voie de Le Puy, I am off on the Voie d'Arles tomorrow morning from Toulouse. The St. Etienne cathedral is impressive!

There are more panhandlers per meter in Toulouse than I have ever encountered in any city including Washington, DC, where they are ubiquitous.

If I find interesting things beyond the weather and the mud, I will share them.

Rivers are full, by the way, but not going over banks. The train passed through Lourdes and half the passengers got off. The miracle business is still hot!

Advertisment

newfydog

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona-Santiago, Le Puy- Santiago, Prague- LePuy, Menton- Toulouse, Menton- Rome, Canterbury- Lausanne, Chemin Stevenson, Voie de Vezelay
Re: Leaving Toulouse tomorrowk

I'm envious------we need to get back to Toulouse to continue our Arles trip sometime.

The panhandlers do well there apparently. I have a friend whose son makes a decent living playing guitar in the street there!

bon chemin!

newf

bbeatty

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2013
We got asked by 3 panhandlers within 30 minutes at the train station....didn't realize Toulouse had so many.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata.
I was unsettled by groups of people sitting outside in the streets near the railway station, all with large male dogs, none of which seemed to be desexed. Toulouse is the only place where I've come across this.

Advertisment

oursonpolaire

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2002, Toulouse/Aragon 2005, Cami S Jaume/Aragon 2007/9, Mont Saint Michel/Norte/Vadiniense 2011, Norte/Primitivo 2013, Norte/Primitivo 2014. Norte 2015, Cami S Jaume/Castellano-Aragonese 2016
I have run into the dog phenomenon in other cities in France and I have seen it in Barcelona, as well.

By now you're on your way but I hope that you enjoy this stretch-- I did it about 8 years ago and it was fairly solitary, aside from lost Australians (hi Janet!) but people were quite friendly and, in the absence of tourism offices in the villages, officials at the mairie were always very helpful. Remember that the standpipes at cemeteries have drinkable water.

newfydog

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Pamplona-Santiago, Le Puy- Santiago, Prague- LePuy, Menton- Toulouse, Menton- Rome, Canterbury- Lausanne, Chemin Stevenson, Voie de Vezelay
Hey, look at the bright side----nothing clears the bikes off the trail faster than a mass of boue.

Now if I could just pronounce "boueux"

hmmm Panhandlers. I wonder if that includes me? I walked into Toulouse in time for le Fête de Mugret on May 1st.. I played Bach + Mozart and a melange of twiddles and twirles amidst buckets of red roses and Lily of the Valley.

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Pilgrims here right now

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 8 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 32 4.6%
  • April

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 172 24.6%