• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving Toulouse tomorrow

• Thread starter Deleted member 3000
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3000

Having finished the Voie de Le Puy, I am off on the Voie d'Arles tomorrow morning from Toulouse. The St. Etienne cathedral is impressive!

There are more panhandlers per meter in Toulouse than I have ever encountered in any city including Washington, DC, where they are ubiquitous.

If I find interesting things beyond the weather and the mud, I will share them.

Rivers are full, by the way, but not going over banks. The train passed through Lourdes and half the passengers got off. The miracle business is still hot!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Re: Leaving Toulouse tomorrowk

I'm envious------we need to get back to Toulouse to continue our Arles trip sometime.

The panhandlers do well there apparently. I have a friend whose son makes a decent living playing guitar in the street there!

bon chemin!

newf

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We got asked by 3 panhandlers within 30 minutes at the train station....didn't realize Toulouse had so many.

I was unsettled by groups of people sitting outside in the streets near the railway station, all with large male dogs, none of which seemed to be desexed. Toulouse is the only place where I've come across this.

I have run into the dog phenomenon in other cities in France and I have seen it in Barcelona, as well.

By now you're on your way but I hope that you enjoy this stretch-- I did it about 8 years ago and it was fairly solitary, aside from lost Australians (hi Janet!) but people were quite friendly and, in the absence of tourism offices in the villages, officials at the mairie were always very helpful. Remember that the standpipes at cemeteries have drinkable water.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey, look at the bright side----nothing clears the bikes off the trail faster than a mass of boue.

Now if I could just pronounce "boueux"

hmmm Panhandlers. I wonder if that includes me? I walked into Toulouse in time for le Fête de Mugret on May 1st.. I played Bach + Mozart and a melange of twiddles and twirles amidst buckets of red roses and Lily of the Valley.

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back