• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Leaving Toulouse

Thornley

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances x 2 , Norte x 2 , Le Puy x 3 , Portuguese x 2,
Mont St Michel , Primitivo .
Have been told by Falcon this was the hard day....just getting out.
Would appreciated any little hints on this day,

Are the GR653 signs in the streets.
Have the 2011 Confraternity Camino Guide from Toulouse to Puente la Reina.
Need any more?

Thanks ,
David

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
OK I 'fess up - I caught the train to Pibrac then walked on to L'Isle Jourdain.

Hi Jules,
Could do the same mate but we had fun one day in Bordeaux following the arrows,
Will depend on the time frame ,
We will be trying to get to St Palais and then rejoin the GR65 to St JPP and onwards.
Will head right near Oloron- Ste-Marie
We missed St Palais when walking from Le Puy and we have been told we should try and get there
Any thoughts about this little detour?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Jules,
We will be trying to get to St Palais and then rejoin the GR65 to St JPP and onwards.
We missed St Palais when walking from Le Puy and we have been told we should try and get there
Hi Jules,
Have been told by Falcon this was the hard day....just getting out.
Would appreciated any little hints on this day,

Are the GR653 signs in the streets.
Have the 2011 Confraternity Camino Guide from Toulouse to Puente la Reina.
Need any more?

Thanks ,
David
I walked from Toulouse the first week in September with just the CSJ guide. There were a couple of places that I had to stop, look and re-read the guide. I never got lost and was glad I walked out instead of taking the train.

Sorry, can't help you there.

I'm not familiar with St Palais but, of course, I've now looked it up and am wondering why I didn't know about it before. Will be interested in hearing what you think of it.

I took the bus to Pibrac and then walked to Legueven where I stayed at the Maison st Jacques, run by the Mairie and volunteers. it looked pretty dull otherwise and the route is not particularly attractive until after at least Isle Jourdain.

I took the CSJ guide and the Miam Miam Dodo which was good for lodgings and other facilities and occasionally the basic maps. Sometimes a proper map would have been useful so you could consider the Topo Guide. Mostly the route was marked but not always very clearly and as there are so few other people walking it it is reassuring to have a map to check.

Why is St Palais unmissable? I have walked through there but it wasn't particularly spectacular!

Stay also with Lilias and Andreas at La Grange, and Chris and Marco at St Criq

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

This is a general question for my curiosity. It probably should be posted in “Equipment etc” but would probably get a lot of Spain replies. I’m not bringing my emergency beacon but I did read on...
Greetings pilgrims, We are walking next September from Lourdes to Somport and would like to hear stories and adv ice about the section from Urdos to Somport, with the big incline. Is this route...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back