• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Left Luggage in Lyon Part Dieu

The_Moo

looking into the heart of light
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2013-15

Le Puy 2015 - 2018
I'm thinking about leaving a bag in left luggage at Lyon (with some clothes and luxury items for a few days in Paris after a week on the Camino).

Has anyone used the left luggage there for more than a day? I'd be interested in any information on it - thank you

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I'm thinking about leaving a bag in left luggage at Lyon (with some clothes and luxury items for a few days in Paris after a week on the Camino).

Has anyone used the left luggage there for more than a day? I'd be interested in any information on it - thank you

Here is link to Lyon Gare Part Dieu. There is some information about baggage and contact information for the station.
http://www.gares-sncf.com/fr/gare/frlpd/lyon-part-dieu

Thank you :)

My french isn't great, does this text say it's 5 euros per 24 hours after the initial payment of €5.50 / €7.50 etc?

Thank you French speakers X

Prix : Petit casier 5,50? Moyen casier 7,50? Grand casier 9,50? Durée forfaitaire de dépôt : 24h Au-delà 5? par période de 24h

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

My french isn't great, does this text say it's 5 euros per 24 hours after the initial payment of €5.50 / €7.50 etc?

Prix : Petit casier 5,50? Moyen casier 7,50? Grand casier 9,50? Durée forfaitaire de dépôt : 24h Au-delà 5? par période de 24h
There are people on here with much better French than I, but it looks to me like the site says you can leave your bags for 1 to 24 hours in Gare de Lyon Part Dieu for those rates of a small locker for 5.50 Euro, a medium locker for 7.50 and a large locker for 9.50. It reads "forfeiture of deposit terms: 24 hours beyond 5 (which might mean 5 pm?) per 24 hours (probably for each 24 hour period you use).

You might try sending them a translated email with Google Translate. When I left luggage at the train station in Germany, they were clear that 24 hours was the max, but probably each system has their own rules.

Thank you so much. Very kind of you X

Thank you so much. Very kind of you X

My French is not perfect but this is my understanding:
Price: € 5.50 small locker . Medium locker € 7.50. Large locker € 9.50 flat rate deposit. Duration: If you leave the luggage there 24h or more you will be charged an additional € 5 per 24-hour period. If you lose the ticket the charge is € 22

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
LOCKERS
Monday - Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Saturday - Sunday 6:15a.m. to 11:00 p.m.

In the station hall near the reception office

------------------
Lyon Part Dieu is easy to get around.... basically you walk into a large central hall with shops, cafes, waiting area, ticket office, ticket machines etc. Access to the various platforms is off this. They tend not to announce which platform the train is leaving until close to departure time. Just keep an eye on the screens dotted around the central hall.

It should be pretty easy to find the luggage area when you get there. If your French is not great I suggest you print out the webpage with info on the luggage storage area and show it to one of the staff there if you are having difficulty.

Thank you that's so kind of you! I'm very grateful to everyone on this thread

I've used hotels for left luggage, though it takes some planning. Hotels in both Bayonne and Paris were perfectly happy to allow me to leave a bag for about a month! No charges. But of course I was a guest for at least a night when I left the bag and again when I retrieved it.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back